Parking Tickets

1 hour ago, Ian said:

If you think there's nothing wrong with going 77mph then you are a ****......and if you think not knowing how fast you are going is an acceptable excuse then you are an even bigger one

You must either not have a licence or you're the din that straddles the two lanes.

Have you NEVER strayed over the limit? I try my best to stick to the limit, but sometimes I look at the speedometre and realise I'm going faster than I should, so I adjust and come down.

It is not possible to look at the road aswell as your speed at the same time. Sometimes you need to pay more attention to the road than what's on the dashboard.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I have to carry stuff in the car for my pre match volunteering in the Wednesdayite Lounge

I moved to Loxley in the summer

Anything else? Or you going to admit to being an obsessed stalker next? lol

No, with any luck i'll not bump in to you locally as I wouldn't want to converse or give you reason to think I was genuinely stalking you :)

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No, with any luck i'll not bump in to you locally as I wouldn't want to converse or give you reason to think I was genuinely stalking you :)

If your avatar is you I'm sure he wouldn't mindlol

Guest Deleted member
23 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Oh God. You don't live that way do you?? Tbh I wouldn't know you if you bought me a pint in the Rodney 

Although I don't go in there so thats not likely

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Oh God. You don't live that way do you?? Tbh I wouldn't know you if you bought me a pint in the Rodney 

Although I don't go in there so thats not likely

Not far so please don't start going in. Although the food is decent and i actually don't go in that often, more likely to find me in the Wadsley Jack

We never find a problem parking legally & for free. Same street every match, 5 minute walk to the ground if that.

The trick is turning up early. & we know that if we're turning up any later than half one then we're not going to get the street we usually park on & will have to park god knows how far up Herries Road.

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ooooooooooooooh, you could cut the sexual tension in this thread with a stale North Stand hotdog bun.

As long as I can bring my own Mustard

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

You must either not have a licence or you're the din that straddles the two lanes.

Have you NEVER strayed over the limit? I try my best to stick to the limit, but sometimes I look at the speedometre and realise I'm going faster than I should, so I adjust and come down.

It is not possible to look at the road aswell as your speed at the same time. Sometimes you need to pay more attention to the road than what's on the dashboard.

I've gone over the limit many times.....and been caught and taken the consequences of driving like a **** without whinging like a baby.

WAYS TO AVOID PARKING FINE AT GAMES

1) Travel to the game on the bus/tram (you can park at the park and ride if using tram)
2) Pay to park in one of the numerous and many carparks around the ground
3) If parking on the street ensure it's a LEGAL place to park
4) Park a little bit further away in a legal place to park and walk a little bit further to the game

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

I've gone over the limit many times.....and been caught and taken the consequences of driving like a **** without whinging like a baby.

So you knew you were speeding then? If so, then that really isn't point I was making in the post that you responded to.

7 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

So you knew you were speeding then? If so, then that really isn't point I was making in the post that you responded to.

That is exactly the point - of course I knew I was speeding because I was concentrating on what I was doing.....if you're trying to tell me that you were going 77mph and didn't know then you really could do with a few lessons

Genuine question , for when the wednesdayite car park does go. What car parks are around to park in . Used to to use the ones on herries rd before they shut a few seasons back and used the wednesdayite one since .

Trams a no go as I come down the M1 so tram seems a bit of a way out . And extends a 2 and half hour journey with traffic even longer . Against parking 15-20 mins away from the ground , having only spending the first 6 years of my life living on the outskirts of Sheffield I don't really know the area and I'm not keen to park the car on an unattended area after reading god knows how many threads about tyres been smashed and windows knocked in .

13 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

When the Wednesdayite car park goes that is the end of me and the wife as active supporters. It is a 60 mile round trip for us and while it is not the furthest distance people travel it is enough to not be risking the price of 2 season tickets only to turn up and there not be any parking or to park where you think you're ok and getting a fine.

We have looked at the options and because suddenly there is an extra 600 cars fighting for car parking we cant work out a viable option. As a consequence the club loses 2x season ticket purchases, 2x shirt purchases, 2x however many matches 50/50 tickets and 2x less voices to be heard.

We've been season ticket holders for years and years and we've been beaten by a parking spot.

Haha man the roger up you idle poopydoo just Park up towards Wadsley Bridge WMC then have a 10min walk to ground.