Poll: Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Wigan Athletic?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Hutchinson
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Abdi
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Buckley

Westwood 7

Palmer 7, Very solid game from Palmer, rarely lost the ball and didn't just run down blind alleys, used his head in forward positions and kept the ball. Decent crossing too.

Lees 6, think it was his mistake that led to the goal and another soon after. Was unlike him.

Hutch 7

Pudil 7 Did ok, but I think Reach will offer so much more from that position, particularly in the final third.

Abdi 6  Lots of short passes but not many telling contributions. Ideally he is a midfield general but so is Bannan.

Bannan 8 excellent MOM for me. Was everywhere making us tick. Superb ball for first goal.

Wallace 6 A few misses and also a few poor crosses. I's play Buckley on tuesday.

Lee 7, Grew into the game after a shaky start. In the second half he was everywhere giving a typical performance. 

Forestieri 7 He really needed that goal. Not his best game but that will put a smile back on his face

Fletcher 8 . Great first goal and overall excellent performance. 

Lee - every blade of grass - 9

Lee - 6 - some good touches but not his best game

Abdi was absolutely phenomenal today. What a player. Gave everything today, was involved in everything, passing, tackling, hes the engine in the midfield we've so badly needed.

Abdi 6 - not settled yet and looks a yard short

Abdi 5

It's funny how different people see the same game completely differently.  That's football.

Westwood 6 didn't have anything to do bar pick another idiotic goal out the net 

Palmer 7 surprisingly good, again 

lees 4 when will our back 5 stop prattling about with the ball how many goals will it take? Poor throughout today 

hutchinson 7 calm throughout 

Pudil 7 by and far his best game today 

Wallace 4 the 4 is for the last 20 mins. How this bloke has been recalled I'll never know. One of the main reasons we are so slow and predictable. 

Lee 5 poor decision making 

abdi 5 once again farmed out to the wing 

bannan 6 not sure where these 8s are coming from . Better than he has been been another reason we are slow and predictable 

ff 6 OK , glad to see him score , doesn't look fussed to me 

fletcher 8 we should build the team around his strengths . Played really well even more so with hooper 

carlos 3 wrong tactics and selection yet again, got away with against a really poor side 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Westwood 6 didn't have anything to do bar pick another idiotic goal out the net 

Palmer 7 surprisingly good, again 

lees 4 when will our back 5 stop prattling about with the ball how many goals will it take? Poor throughout today 

hutchinson 7 calm throughout 

Pudil 7 by and far his best game today 

Wallace 4 the 4 is for the last 20 mins. How this bloke has been recalled I'll never know. One of the main reasons we are so slow and predictable. 

Lee 5 poor decision making 

abdi 5 once again farmed out to the wing 

bannan 6 not sure where these 8s are coming from . Better than he has been been another reason we are slow and predictable 

ff 6 OK , glad to see him score , doesn't look fussed to me 

fletcher 8 we should build the team around his strengths . Played really well even more so with hooper 

carlos 3 wrong tactics and selection yet again, got away with against a really poor side 

Crikey, those are harsh.

We won the game and created enough opportunities to win by 5-1.  

Edited by Beholder

Westwood - 6, not much to do really, no chance for goal

Palmer - 6, willing runner down his side

Lees - 4, very rare poor game

Hutch - 7, solid 

Pudil - 6, see Palmer

Wallace - 4 , Slow and one dimensional, pitch is too wide to play with Wallace when we have Buckley and Reach available.

Bannan - 6, lot of sideways stuff and a few stray touches, but a gem of a pass for Fletcher goal

Lee - 6, tireless work as ever, but ffs he is a bag of nerves when he gets near the other teams box

Forestieri - 6, didn't look interested for large parts, suddenly came to life after his goal.

Fletcher - 7, gave him scraps but won most things in the air, took his goal well, needs a winger to put regular balls in the box for him.

Hooper - 7, chucking him on changed the game because Fletcher having a partner allowed us to play with the width we were crying out for in the first 60 minutes, linked up well. 

Not a great performance, but we played well at Brentford and drew, I'd rather be bang average and win 

Edited by Lee A

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Abdi was absolutely phenomenal today. What a player. Gave everything today, was involved in everything, passing, tackling, hes the engine in the midfield we've so badly needed.

Hutchinson wasnt far behind. I have been really critical of Palmer on here over the last few seasons, but today he had a really great game, hopefully the right back position is his place to lose.

Abdi phenomenal! Must have watched a different game to me

Hard to choose today. Stand outs for me were Bannan, Fletcher, Forestieri and Hutch. Also a good performance from Liam Palmer I thought. A massive mention for Hooper - the team seemed to play with much more pace when he came on and he linked up really well with Fletcher. Adam Reach also looked good when he came on.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Westy 8

Palmer 7

Lees - shocker first 45 - 6

Hutch 7

Pudi - came forward lots - 8

Bannan 8

FF 7

Lee - every blade of grass - 9

Abdi 5

Wallace - some great wing play today. Two great chances - 8

Fletch 8

Hooper 8

Reach 7

Watch Lee on Tuesday. He works his bits off, gets forwatd quite well, but never wins a fifty fifty challenge. In fact he shirks them. Thought Fletcher had a terrific game, Bannon was very impressive, Hutchinson strolled through the game untroubled, and Palmer had his best game for months. The rest were much of a muchness. 

Voted fletch, but I thought pudil had a very good game, got up and down the wing all his game, he put a fair few dangerous balls in aswell, and has for fletch was fantastic in the air and was always around looking dangerous, I reckon we should start him and hooper on Tuesday they looked like they linked up very well and could be a force this season.