OFFICIAL - Urby Emanuelson signs

Not sure why some people are moaning about this signing. He's a full international and played for major European clubs and got a wealth of experience. He also cost us nothing. 

Or do we want to back to signing players from Plymouth and Scottish lower league clubs? 2 years ago we wouldn't have had a prayer of signing a player like this. Great signing in my opinion.

Does anyone know why this lad didn't have a club between the 6 months of the end of the 2014/2015 season to the January of the following season? Long term injury? Seems mad that it took him 6 months to be picked up by somebody with the pedegree he's got. If he can recapture his Milan days, blimey... 

It'll depend on how fit he is, how fit we can get him, and on how much he wants to succeed here.

Some Fulham fans recall him as being undoubtedly talented, but also as a bit of a 'Billy Big-Boots', who gave the impression of slumming it at Fulham.

If his attitude is correct, and he nails down a position instead of becoming yet another utility player, then he'll be a great signing.

If he gets shuffled around, then probably a dud.

I think Carlos is great, but he doesn't seem to buy into the theory of 'play the best player in their best position', which does worry me at times.

52 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Isn't he playing in THE UAE? If not then sign him up, he'd be exactly what we need, different to anything else we've got.

He's on the TransferMarkt website's list of best unattached players.

I'd love him coming in from the right and Fessi from the left in support of Fletcher.

Ding dong.

feel sorry for Urby, already. He hasn't put a Wednesday shirt on in anger yet, but he's already 'over the hill', at just 30 years of age Typical of Wednesdayites at a new signing. He must be the right age (23-28) otherwise he's too young and inexperienced, or he's past it, and doesn't score enough. We must be the only fans who want every player to be a 20 goal-a-year man, and also be a top-notch defender. We complain about Pudil,who isn't 'Championship' class despite being picked for his national side.

FFS give him a GOOD chance to see what he can do. Don't fall into the usual W'ite trick whereby the first time he puts out a bad ball, or misses a tackle he's crap.

8 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

feel sorry for Urby, already. He hasn't put a Wednesday shirt on in anger yet, but he's already 'over the hill', at just 30 years of age Typical of Wednesdayites at a new signing. He must be the right age (23-28) otherwise he's too young and inexperienced, or he's past it, and doesn't score enough. We must be the only fans who want every player to be a 20 goal-a-year man, and also be a top-notch defender. We complain about Pudil,who isn't 'Championship' class despite being picked for his national side.

FFS give him a GOOD chance to see what he can do. Don't fall into the usual W'ite trick whereby the first time he puts out a bad ball, or misses a tackle he's crap.

Does make you wonder doesn't it. I remember a lot of our fans wanting to sign that defender from Brighton at the end of he season. Moses is it or something? Probably got the name wrong. He was 36 and ace apparently. He was also 'young' enough. 30 is no age at all. Nothing like judging the guy before he even puts his socks on.

59 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Does make you wonder doesn't it. I remember a lot of our fans wanting to sign that defender from Brighton at the end of he season. Moses is it or something? Probably got the name wrong. He was 36 and ace apparently. He was also 'young' enough. 30 is no age at all. Nothing like judging the guy before he even puts his socks on.

Bruno??