OFFICIAL - Urby Emanuelson signs

dont understand this age thing .....chansiri wants promotion this season and if the players are 20,30,or 40 it doesnt really matter as long as they are good enough .look at it from carlos point of view if we miss out this year he'd be a strong  canditate for the chop why would he worry about sell on values when he probably wouldnt be in charge if we bomb .

Just asked a Dutch guy who works for me and he's a massive Ajax fan. He echoes some of the other comments in the thread.

"Was a very decent player in times of Ajax and AC Milan. But defensive he wasn’t too good and he is playing leftback in those days…. Was great when he was able to come up on the wing.

Believe never convinced abroad and hence been moved around a lot (hired out to other clubs, 1 year here and there etc). Good luck!"

Mmm!!

54 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Seeing the Milan highlights makes me realise I have seen him on the box a few times! Always thought he looked quick and excellent going forward but a little suspect defensively... that said I think everyone has already said that already in this thread and I wasn't paying too much attention to him :blush:

Still can't help but think he'll be a good signing, he's got a heck of a good pedegree behind him. Hopefully he isn't over the hump as some on here have said, but we'll see! At least it's on a free, should hopefully end up being a cracking bit of business. Welcome to the club Urby! 

Can't be any good!

He's over 28 !lol

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

dont understand this age thing .....chansiri wants promotion this season and if the players are 20,30,or 40 it doesnt really matter as long as they are good enough .look at it from carlos point of view if we miss out this year he'd be a strong  canditate for the chop why would he worry about sell on values when he probably wouldnt be in charge if we bomb .

The best part of all this is, despite the neg parade I've faced in this thread... I agree with you

But apparently so much as pointing out that the majority of our recruitment has been those approaching the autumn of their on-pitch careers is worthy of being massively scrutinised. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter how old they are if they get us up 

1 minute ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Can't be any good!

He's over 28 !lol

Don't think I've said a single one of our summer signings was a bad signing... :rolleyes:   

not any clips of him defending  but he certainly looks good going forward

after years of moaning about a lack of a midfield  we certainly got options now in fact we could field 2 championship standard midfields

this will test CC's managership

Could be an excellent signing for this level looking at his career so far.  He's obviously got talent to play for the clubs he has.

if he's going to be playing left back then the fact he can't defend (going on comments from others) means he'll be no worse than our current full backs. :)

Good luck CC on keeping everyone happy

Buckley        Abdi.         Bannan.       Reach

Wallace.      Lee.           Jones.          Emanuelson

Matais.        McGugan.  Semedo.     Sougou

Stobbs.         Melo.                            Helan

A couple of those obviously nowhere near the first team, but they've still got to train each day, hopefully no negativity 

Looks pacey, can cross a ball and has a screamer or two in him, even if he’s nowhere near as good as he looks in the videos at least he can provide that competition to Pudil, Pudil’s looked a bit comfortable of late, we all know he’s better than current form suggests