Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

Highly doubt we're playing too much hardball when it comes to our 14th choice right back,

He'll be gone by the end of the day surely, hopefully in a swap deal for that kid at Chesterfield, love names I can't pronounce.

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

What time do we think Staton will tweet that he expects no incomings at S6 today 

my guess is 3pm

:duntmatter:

If we don't sign anyone so be it, I would rather go with what we have than gamble stupid money on the clubs future.

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

FULHAM IN ADEBAYOR TALKS

We understand Fulham are in discussions over signing Emmanuel Adebayor.

The striker is a free agent after leaving Crystal Palace at the end of last season.

"Now before we give you this contract, you have to promise you're going to work hard and put the effort in"

"I promise gaffer, can't wait to get started"

"Okay, good to hear, sign here, welcome aboard"

Image result for homer simpson sucker

Guest BULGARIA
4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Spot on.

Cant stand the man. More fool the club that signs him.

"Now before we give you this contract, you have to promise you're going to work hard and put the effort in"

"I promise gaffer, can't wait to get started"

"Okay, good to hear, sign here, welcome aboard"

Image result for homer simpson sucker

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

For years we used to complain about letting players go for peanuts, now we're complaining about our chairman expecting top prices

Big jump though

We've gone from selling valuable players for £5 and a packet of pogs, to playing major hardball over our 12th choice right back

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Nixon in Sun's saying we have blown others out by offering £4million for Adam Reach and this may tempt Boro to sell.

Pricey , but you're getting 3 for 1 as he can play anywhere down left, and we did have last season to assess in Championship.

Seems good business.  

Think we should work with what we have got and review when the next transfer window opens, the prices that are being asked for some players is crazy, i dont blame the chairman for not paying over inflated prices and panic buying like some clubs.

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

You always start high when you are trying to sell.. Because everyone always wants to think they have a bargain when they get it for half price ;)

True

But if we get left paying the wages of Vermijl, Dielna, Helan, Bus, Sougou and McGugan when they are unlikely to get a kick then it backfires.

I am only completely guessing here but it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they could be on the following weekly wages:-

Vermijl £10K

Dielna £6K

Helan £8K

Bus £8K

Sougou £10K

McGugan £15K

That is £57K per week or £3m per year.

Even if you think I have overcooked it, it must be £2.5m per year.  I wouldn't even be surprised if McGugan is on more based on the rumours at the time we signed him.

You could pay the salaries of two real top Championship players for that.

15 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

True

But if we get left paying the wages of Vermijl, Dielna, Helan, Bus, Sougou and McGugan when they are unlikely to get a kick then it backfires.

I am only completely guessing here but it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they could be on the following weekly wages:-

Vermijl £10K

Dielna £6K

Helan £8K

Bus £8K

Sougou £10K

McGugan £15K

Even if you think I have overcooked it, it must be £2.5m per year.  I wouldn't even be surprised if McGugan is on more based on the rumours at the time we signed him.

Fair point,  but this has probably been taken into account with our FFP calculation. If we don't need to sell, why give a player away as has been discussed earlier in the thread. Just because we are not splashing the cash on transfers doesn't mean we don't have any, I suspect we are very comfortable financially. In the past we had to sell before buying, but not the case at the moment.

IMO if a player becomes available that we want, like Reach for example we will go for him and maybe then sanction one or two leaving to balance the books.

Edited by striker

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

True

Vermijl £10K

Dielna £6K

Helan £8K

Bus £8K

Sougou £10K

McGugan £15K

Good post. We obviously don't know the true numbers but I suspect you're not far off. We really need to ship this lot out and save a fortune. We seem reluctant to let people go unless we get too dollar / full wages paid. Surely better to get them out altogether and use the cash towards more quality