Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

20 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

True

But if we get left paying the wages of Vermijl, Dielna, Helan, Bus, Sougou and McGugan when they are unlikely to get a kick then it backfires.

I am only completely guessing here but it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they could be on the following weekly wages:-

Vermijl £10K

Dielna £6K

Helan £8K

Bus £8K

Sougou £10K

McGugan £15K

That is £57K per week or £3m per year.

Even if you think I have overcooked it, it must be £2.5m per year.  I wouldn't even be surprised if McGugan is on more based on the rumours at the time we signed him.

You could pay the salaries of two real top Championship players for that.

Yes agree but getting rid is easier said than done

matt maher ✔@mjmarr_star

Adama Traore set for #avfc exit as Albert Adomah heads in for talks.... http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2016/08/31/aston-villas-adama-traore-set-for-deadline-day-move-to-middlesborough/ …

10:17 AM - 31 Aug 2016

21 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

True

But if we get left paying the wages of Vermijl, Dielna, Helan, Bus, Sougou and McGugan when they are unlikely to get a kick then it backfires.

I am only completely guessing here but it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they could be on the following weekly wages:-

Vermijl £10K

Dielna £6K

Helan £8K

Bus £8K

Sougou £10K

McGugan £15K

That is £57K per week or £3m per year.

Even if you think I have overcooked it, it must be £2.5m per year.  I wouldn't even be surprised if McGugan is on more based on the rumours at the time we signed him.

You could pay the salaries of two real top Championship players for that.

Bus on 8k a week?!

:tango: 

I have it on good authority that he is paid in lap dances and fags

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Sheffield Wednesday have today been cut to 4/1 from 10/1 to sign Jordan Rhodes.

Looks like Birmingham are set to sign Rhoys Wiggins on loan from Bournemouth. Wiggins left #SWFC in February. Hasn't played since. #starlive

We're now favourites to sign Rhodes on sky bet, but it's not the first time that's happened in the last 10 years 

Everyone seems to forget that, Managers, Agents and whatever, no player will sign for SW unless HE wants to, and despite all the bluster and balyhoo, we are still considered by many to be a 'no-hoper' club. We are not as big in other people's eyes as we perceive ourselves to be.

CARAYOL HEADING TO FOREST

Middlesbrough have terminated the contract of winger Mustapha Carayol by mutual consent.

And, if this tweet from the Nottingham Forest owner is anything to go by, seems he is heading to the City Ground... 

Please welcome Mustapha Carayol to #NFFC who has signed a two-year deal

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Everyone seems to forget that, Managers, Agents and whatever, no player will sign for SW unless HE wants to, and despite all the bluster and balyhoo, we are still considered by many to be a 'no-hoper' club. We are not as big in other people's eyes as we perceive ourselves to be.

Not sure about this, last year would have done a lot to restore the profile of our club. We have some good players and now pay decent wages.

Guest oz_owl
3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

No-hoper club?  That's a bit of a strange comment.  A club that played in the play off final last season, is backed by a wealthy owner, and plays a style of football that has earned universal praise...  I doubt many people would consider us a "no-hoper" club.

2 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

No-hoper club?  That's a bit of a strange comment.  A club that played in the play off final last season, is backed by a wealthy owner, and plays a style of football that has earned universal praise...  I doubt many people would consider us a "no-hoper" club.

We certainly don't. At least I don't. But face facts - we ended last season at least 10 points BEHIND the top clubs. Sure, we reached the play-off final - then bricked it. The latest FF affair has not done us any good whatsoever, and, despite us knowing differently, Sheffield is still associated with the 'steelworks/coal mines' heritage.. The other factor is that many players who are available still anchor after the 'riches' of the Premiership. 

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

STEPHENS REQUESTS TO LEAVE

Dale Stephens has put in a transfer request to leave Brighton, we understand. 

Burnley and Hull are understood to be interested in signing him before the deadline. 

That would be a good signing for either. Of course it's a shame Burnley fell for a few good games at the Euros and played an absurd price for Hendrick who just isn't a PL- quality player.