Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

Guest oz_owl
Just now, Buxtongent said:

We certainly don't. At least I don't. But face facts - we ended last season at least 10 points BEHIND the top clubs. Sure, we reached the play-off final - then bricked it. The latest FF affair has not done us any good whatsoever, and, despite us knowing differently, Sheffield is still associated with the 'steelworks/coal mines' heritage.. The other factor is that many players who are available still anchor after the 'riches' of the Premiership. 

That seems really really negative, almost to the point of being black-tinted specs where we normally where rose-tinted!  Play offs are still play offs - finishing 6th and getting promoted still gets you to the same place as finishing 1st.  Teams change personnel every season, so you can't look at being 10 points behind a particular team one season and predict with any certainty what that gap will be next season.  The FF affair I think has actually been blown out of proportion by us fans because it feels like it affects us directly - I doubt it would make any difference to a prospective signing and is a passing footnote to fans of other clubs.

In a lot of cases players will go for money and opportunity.  We apparently can offer competitive wages for this division, and (on paper at least) opportunity of a promotion challenge.  I certainly think that makes us much better than "no-hopers".

I love how the Star the writes an article 'Owls search for new recruits could go down to the wire' they know such bob all they don't even confirm that our additions will be

late in the transfer window on the day its bloody closing!! lol

Just now, notts0wl said:

I love how the Star the writes an article 'Owls search for new recruits could go down to the wire' they know such bob all they don't even confirm that our additions will be

late in the transfer window on the day its bloody closing!! lol

ha ha exactly. Read the headling earlier saying there COULD be ins and outs at Wednesday today. 

Guest domSWFC

Gary Taylor Fletcher to rejoin Sheffield Wednesday

As a groundsman. He looks like a groundsman.