Forestieri

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if thats the case why did he agree to sign for 4 years on the  wages that we offered him, his agent would know that in 1 ,2 ,3  years time he wouldnt be the top earner .if he put a rider in that he'd always be the top earner then fair enough but if he didnt then tough .....someone somewhere as got to say enoughs enough and keep players to the deals they agreed ,if he'd turned out to be crap would he say to the club look i'm rubbish cut my wages .i doubt it .

Can't really put a rider on, What if he hadn't performed well? Would still get the highest wage whilst doing a Jonk.

He's been outstanding for us and fully deserves to be the highest paid player at the club without question.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

....rumours which stem from;

Random twitter accounts

A couple of owlstalkers with no credible ketchup.

The daily star

It's not reasonable to make accusations about FF or his agent purely on owlstalkers having their traditional meltdown.

Who knows where these things come from, but you and I are both concerned enough to be still reading it 38 pages later :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

What I said yesterday......you pay Lees £25k a week to fend off interest from Burnley, Derby etc....the other good players find out about this, Forestieri thinks "I am the best player, not Tom Lees so I should be earning more than Lees". An unhappy bunny.

Teams make a rod for their own back by paying some players more than others - not good for team spirit at all.

A team like Burnley have great team spirit because they have a strict wage structure. Shackell wanted a pay rise so off to Derby he went.

Makes you realise the benefit of a wage structure.

But Burnley are a little different in that they managed to get their initial promotion on a low budget. Had they not been promoted, they would have lost all their players.

The reason we are keeping ours is because we are paying thee big wages to tie them down.

1 minute ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Can't really put a rider on, What if he hadn't performed well? Would still get the highest wage whilst doing a Jonk.

He's been outstanding for us and fully deserves to be the highest paid player at the club without question.

so what happens if we sign someone better on higher wages who turns out to be a dud would forestieri get another rise because he's still the best player ......sooner or later someone as got say no to the players .

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the power is with the club for the next 3 years if the they are strong enough to stand up to him .....

The power is only ever with the club if the player in question isn't coveted by other clubs

An in-demand player holds all the aces - no matter how long the contract is

7 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

What I said yesterday......you pay Lees £25k a week to fend off interest from Burnley, Derby etc....the other good players find out about this, Forestieri thinks "I am the best player, not Tom Lees so I should be earning more than Lees". An unhappy bunny.

Teams make a rod for their own back by paying some players more than others - not good for team spirit at all.

A team like Burnley have great team spirit because they have a strict wage structure. Shackell wanted a pay rise so off to Derby he went.

We're used to meritocracy. Only really strong management would weld a group together. We've got a good coach.

1 minute ago, scram said:

The power is only ever with the club if the player in question isn't coveted by other clubs

why ?.....he cant walk away ....he cant refuse to play .....i'm sure he.ll get what he wants as the club will capitulate but how good would it be if the owner just said  no and showed some balls.

I just compare it to use being linked with other teams best players, let's say ie Tom ince from Derby you can be linked but realisticly won't happen. All season were linked with top players from championship clubs but do we ever sign them? Just take it on the chin I really don't think FF  will leave this season and as somebody else stated FF did state he wants to finish his career with us. 

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I appreciate you have an insight in this.

If we refuse to sell FF or give him a pay rise, is the worse case that he doesn't play for us? At least he's not helping Derby. Would he really not want to play for 3 years?

McGugan, whilst not widely coveted, would have value to lesser clubs, but CC let's him rot (on good wages) because he wouldn't play number 10.

Whilst not playing, the player isn't doing themselves any favours in building interest from other clubs towards the end of their contracts.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so what happens if we sign someone better on higher wages who turns out to be a dud would forestieri get another rise because he's still the best player ......sooner or later someone as got say no to the players .

The wage structure we're at now should be the ceiling until promotion. If they won't come for the money we're offering then we don't take em.

FF is different gravy and IMO only right he's the highest paid. He's our Ronaldo to Portugal and Bale for Wales.

Kepping FF is the key for us going up. 

Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

I appreciate you have an insight in this.

If we refuse to sell FF or give him a pay rise, is the worse case that he doesn't play for us? At least he's not helping Derby. Would he really not want to play for 3 years?

McGugan, whilst not widely coveted, would have value to lesser clubs, but CC let's him rot (on good wages) because he wouldn't play number 10.

Whilst not playing, the player isn't doing themselves any favours in building interest from other clubs towards the end of their contracts.

he can refuse to play ,if he does the club just keep suspending him and he doesnt get paid .

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chelsea and Man Utd had to capitulate to Terry and Rooney's wage demands. Even the biggest are held to ransom. 

Is that because Rooney and Terry would only end up at competitor clubs either here or in Europe?

Whereas, we could hold out for Fernando moving to a different league, and a non-opposing club?

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The wage structure we're at now should be the ceiling until promotion. If they won't come for the money we're offering then we don't take em.

FF is different gravy and IMO only right he's the highest paid. He's our Ronaldo to Portugal and Bale for Wales.

Kepping FF is the key for us going up. 

but we can keep him ,he signed a piece of paper giving us that right .....and if the wage structure we have now is the ceiling until promotion then why break it by giving him a rise above it..... he gets us up we can double his money until then like you say we have reached our limit .

6 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

not if club dug heels in scram.player can moan all he likes but club hold his registration and if strong enough can say your going nowhere son.

Technically that is correct

On a practical level it doesn't work because it causes squad disharmony, costs the cub millions and often sees results suffer

I can't think of one case where a coveted player was made to "rot in the reserves" until the end of his contract

It might not be a great situation for a club when a player virtually downs tools - but they gain nothing by playing hardball - which is why they usually settle for the best they can get in that situation