Forestieri

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sadly so. 

Football is about money and hype these days, very little else. 

Just how it is. 

Hopefully FF stays (perhaps signs a new, slightly improved deal) and we move on. 

But I'd loathe to see Wednesday getting held to ransom by any player, regardless of how talented they may be. 

sorry but why give him a rise ...he was happy to sign for 4 years he can have a rise when he shoots into the prem .just say we give him a rise now and we go up this season he'll be back in the summer wanting another ....its time to say" NO  get us up then we'll see "

16 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

I do feel sorry for footballers. Maybe with a pay rise, FF could save for a new Porsche in 4 weeks instead of 6. :wacko:

Maybe they could drive him past a couple of Sheffield food banks on his test drive.

Absolutely no evidence FF has even asked for more money or even being touted about.

Save the abuse for if there's any evidence.

11 minutes ago, scram said:

FF has every right to think he is one of the most pivotal players in the team

When he signed he probably agreed a deal that fit within the clubs existing wage structure - if the club subsequently move that pay structure onto a different level with new and existing players signing new contracts - then that sets a marker for other high profile players within the new structure

If it is true that Lees has signed a new £25k pw deal - and if that is significantly more than was being agreed with players a year ago then it is bound to cause unrest

Football squads are delicate ecosystems and easily unbalanced - trying to play hardball with your star player usually only ends in one result

I don't know the ins and outs of what is going on (if anything) but by any measure FF should be right up there with the highest earners in the team

I hear he's already on £30k a week, alongside Hooper. If so, that would put him as one of the top earners. That said, he MAY be holding out for more whatever he is on.  And, maybe it's Fletcher (not Lees) who's the game changer. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I hear he's already on £30k a week, alongside Hooper. If so, that would put him as one of the top earners. That said, he may be holding out for more. 

Surely 30k is the limit for a club without parachute payments.

I'm guessing it's what we are paying Fletcher and Abdi that is ruffling some feathers. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Watson said:

Why did he not celebrate his goal in his usual fashion Sunday ? Worrying didn't realise at the time but maybe ........

Think your making a mountain out of a molehill. The only reason he might have the hump is if he's asked for a new contract and we've said no. We might have told him were not selling him so he might feel that he deserves improved terms but doubt we would have told him to f off without any negotiations. Like many others on here have stated, its probably just his agent gathering a case for ff to be offered a better deal

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Surely 30k is the limit for a club without parachute payments.

I'm guessing it's what we are paying Fletcher and Abdi that is ruffling some feathers. 

Fletcher on a free would command a decent pay packet, FF came with a fee. But as Scram says the playing field has changed over recent times. FF should be on what the top earner is on, if he isn't already. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Absolutely no evidence FF has even asked for more money or even being touted about.

Save the abuse for if there's any evidence.

There's no EVIDENCE of any problem with FF, but since we're on page 37 of a thread about rumours of unrest, CC not talking to agents/asking players to talk to him directly if they've got a problem, then possible agent games and a story about Derby making a 7m bid for Fernando, all within a few days, it would be fair to say that either Fernando or his agent are after a pay rise.

5 minutes ago, scram said:

FF has every right to think he is one of the most pivotal players in the team

When he signed he probably agreed a deal that fit within the clubs existing wage structure - if the club subsequently move that pay structure onto a different level with new and existing players signing new contracts - then that sets a marker for other high profile players within the new structure

If it is true that Lees has signed a new £25k pw deal - and if that is significantly more than was being agreed with players a year ago then it is bound to cause unrest

Football squads are delicate ecosystems and easily unbalanced - trying to play hardball with your star player usually only ends in one result

I don't know the ins and outs of what is going on (if anything) but by any measure FF should be right up there with the highest earners in the team

if thats the case why did he agree to sign for 4 years on the  wages that we offered him, his agent would know that in 1 ,2 ,3  years time he wouldnt be the top earner .if he put a rider in that he'd always be the top earner then fair enough but if he didnt then tough .....someone somewhere as got to say enoughs enough and keep players to the deals they agreed ,if he'd turned out to be crap would he say to the club look i'm rubbish cut my wages .i doubt it .

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if thats the case why did he agree to sign for 4 years on the  wages that we offered him, his agent would know that in 1 ,2 ,3  years time he wouldnt be the top earner .if he put a rider in that he'd always be the top earner then fair enough but if he didnt then tough .....someone somewhere as got to say enoughs enough and keep players to the deals they agreed ,if he'd turned out to be crap would he say to the club look i'm rubbish cut my wages .i doubt it .

PlayerPower 

3 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

There's no EVIDENCE of any problem with FF, but since we're on page 37 of a thread about rumours of unrest, CC not talking to agents/asking players to talk to him directly if they've got a problem, then possible agent games and a story about Derby making a 7m bid for Fernando, all within a few days, it would be fair to say that either Fernando or his agent are after a pay rise.

....rumours which stem from;

Random twitter accounts

A couple of owlstalkers with no credible ketchup.

The daily star

It's not reasonable to make accusations about FF or his agent purely on owlstalkers having their traditional meltdown.

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

Wishful thinking I am afraid and not the way it works these days unfortunately 

He knows his importance to us. One of two things will happen very soon. A new contract or a transfer request.

we can say no to both .......i really hope chansiri is strong enough to do it

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

....rumours which stem from;

Random twitter accounts

A couple of owlstalkers with no credible ketchup.

The daily star

It's not reasonable to make accusations about FF or his agent purely on owlstalkers having their traditional meltdown.

The silence is deafening! 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the power is with the club for the next 3 years if the they are strong enough to stand up to him .....

An unhappy player is not what we want. I can't see it coming to that. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

What I said yesterday......you pay Lees £25k a week to fend off interest from Burnley, Derby etc....the other good players find out about this, Forestieri thinks "I am the best player, not Tom Lees so I should be earning more than Lees". An unhappy bunny.

Teams make a rod for their own back by paying some players more than others - not good for team spirit at all.

A team like Burnley have great team spirit because they have a strict wage structure. Shackell wanted a pay rise so off to Derby he went.