Forestieri

I would hate to see FF leave as he is an exciting player with a fantastic work rate but, to suggest we would not be at the races if he was sold is nonsense. If he goes it will be for more than £10MIILION, even the fans on Derby's forum accept this, and that can buy you a suitable replacement. We have Abdi, Bannan and Lee, Fletch and Hooper with Westy in goal and Tom Lees and Hutch at the back. That alone is enough to excite me about our prospects. FF just makes top 2 realistic, without him we are top 6. That said I hope he stays. 

Edited by Owling Wolfe

5 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Why hasn't this been officially put to bed by the club. 

Just askin. 

Until 1st Sept or until he signs a new improved contract, how can they?

Good job we didnt sign McCormack. According to Fulham fans he angles for a new contract every year. Owlstalk would have to be sponsored by Defibrilators-R-Us.

12 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Didn't Carlos do just that on RS yesterday?

Or do we need it written in blood on parchment?

Yes he did. And no we don't. 

However an official club statement would end it straight away. 

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/nahki-wells-latest-derby-county-11729337

"Concerned Huddersfield Town fans will be worried that Derby County’s failure to land Sheffield Wednesday ace Fernando Forestieri could add urgency to their reported interest in Nahki Wells .

It’s claimed the Owls have knocked back a £7m bid for Forestieri, who scored 15 times last season and sealed Sunday’s home Championship win over Aston Villa.

Hillsborough boss Carlos Carvalho insists the Italian is staying in Sheffield as he plots a Premier League return."

He's not going anywhere. He just wants paying a similar amount to other top players in the team. Relax!

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Pearson knows full well that Wednesday would not want to sell to Derby, or to any other rival Championship club for that matter. And it's highly unlikely that Derby would be able to pay what Wednesday would ask for FF, because the only clubs in this league who could are the parachute clubs. But from Pearson's point of view it doesn't matter if Derby get him, because bidding for him is still in the Rams' interest. I think he's trying to unsettle FF in the hope that we'll lose him to somebody else. That's genuinely what I think now, and it's an extremely cynical tactic. If we were to lose FF it would effectively knock us out of the promotion race without Derby having to spend a penny.

Perhaps we should respond with a £7m bid for Will Hughes...I hear he's currently unsettled....

4 minutes ago, newbster said:

Not got the sun newspaper but someone else says on twitter about a new 5 year deal and 40k a week does anyone have it who can relay what it says

I know this is not what people want to hear and I've hesitated a while before posting this but I have heard this morning from a usually reliable source that he turned down an improved deal yesterday.

I sincerely hope this is not the case but if true he risks losing his popularity with the fans, however, I'm with Torry on this, we should be strong on this and say sorry fella you're going anywhere for a while.

3 minutes ago, saywended said:

Could be worth a punt but not at the expense of FF

Ince could be a player that would thrive under Carlos

2 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

Ince would be more realistic than hendrick, burnley had 3 bids rejected for him not long back

they would probably sell ince though for the right amount

Derby fan on getting FF -  May I also suggest that we throw in Ince as well as Blackman together with £7 million....

Derby fans reply -  Just give them Ince and Blackman anyway!!

2 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

interesting, ince could be available then

Or to put it another way - those Derby fans think he's crap and would love to offload him to us!

I've never been a fan tbh, odd moment of brilliance but largely overrated and lazy imo.