FFP (again, apologies)

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

I hope he comes good. But for the prices people are paying to watch this team we should be expecting some major money splashed. We aren't going to get out of this league with free transfers.

How much do you think the fans are paying as a collective and how much do you think we are spending? Just curious as I think / guess that we have as it stands a net loss of  5-10million. Just feel a bit uneasy with your major money splashed comment. 

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

Yes 5 league games by the time of the first international break,

Villa, Norwich, Burton, Leeds & Brentford 

Hopefully we'll have 12 points on the board and be wondering what all the panic was about :)

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

156 weeks (3 years) x reported 35k a week = 5.48m 

If you prefer to believe he is on 30k a week = 4.68m

Remember there will have been a signing on fee on top as well

Not sure why that was negged, seems pretty logical. Add to that as you said, signing on fee of I'd have though very in demand free agent (250-500k??) then agent fee, likely same again... It all adds up. 

it might be an alternative view but is this a smokescreen from the club to say everyone has their price too? Say for example, our 2 biggest playing staff assets are FF and Lees. If someone like Villa weighed in with a £8 - 10M bid for FF, for example, would it be a way from board to fans to vindicate a sale?

I hope I am wrong like.

2 hours ago, runningaround said:

it might be an alternative view but is this a smokescreen from the club to say everyone has their price too? Say for example, our 2 biggest playing staff assets are FF and Lees. If someone like Villa weighed in with a £8 - 10M bid for FF, for example, would it be a way from board to fans to vindicate a sale?

I hope I am wrong like.

I think you are wrong, purely because we threw about £3m at a player who it was admitted at the time was not ready.   Joao was on the radar for the future but to stop him going elsewhere, the money was spent.

To me, that's not a club that sells, or even buys to sell - it's a club looking forwards and beyond the "here and now".

To me, that's totally refreshing to have a manager looking more than the current season, but also beyond.   How often does that happen in the current "Owner trigger happy" time we live in with current football?   To me that's to chairman saying I will back the future as well as the now.   

Someone give me the clapper comment.....come on, i deserve it.

this could be a made up story but ive been saying for ages we will get hit by ffp if we don't go up in 2 years max .to me the whole structure of club is wrong we have been giving out strange contracts out last few months ie nuhiu 3years loovens 3years and so on and fletcher has 4year deal on appx 35k a week all the players who aint in our matchday squad bus dielna lachman mcgugan and a few more are on decent money .we have a number of players on really good money hooper fessi bannan westwood Wallace and so on . our wage bill cant be far off 25million ,we have also sold appx 10k 3year season tickets in January that's 10k who wont be paying anything this summer so income from season tickets next summer will be under half . chansiri is playing a premier league gamble win or bust ,if we don't go up its bust and we will be stuck with certain players on massive wages and long contracts something we didn't do until last season .lets just hope this is just a story .but ive been worried by certain things club has been doing for a while. remember forest had a huge wage bill 2years ago and they have gone into decline but our wage bill must be double of what they had. just hope its derby what get hit by ffp not us.

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Is that the best response you've got?

When someone states I'm starting to sound like a pig, unfortunately yes it is.

is that ok with you ???

i also still don't think Nixon knows as much as some on here believe, I apologise for that in advance too

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

I think you are wrong, purely because we threw about £3m at a player who it was admitted at the time was not ready.   Joao was on the radar for the future but to stop him going elsewhere, the money was spent.

To me, that's not a club that sells, or even buys to sell - it's a club looking forwards and beyond the "here and now".

To me, that's totally refreshing to have a manager looking more than the current season, but also beyond.   How often does that happen in the current "Owner trigger happy" time we live in with current football?   To me that's to chairman saying I will back the future as well as the now.   

Someone give me the clapper comment.....come on, i deserve it.

I do hope you are right like, its a fair point, we probably spent round £7 - 8 million on raw/foreign imports and this season could be the year Matias, Melo and Joao really hit it off. Its almost like they are forgotten men in some ways.

1 hour ago, runningaround said:

I do hope you are right like, its a fair point, we probably spent round £7 - 8 million on raw/foreign imports and this season could be the year Matias, Melo and Joao really hit it off. Its almost like they are forgotten men in some ways.

I honestly think all three will get loads of playing time this season and be like 2 : 3 new signings. (Jaoa in that he'll raise game, the others back from injury). 

6 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Yes 5 league games by the time of the first international break,

Villa, Norwich, Burton, Leeds & Brentford 

Burton Albion will be no pushovers tbh.Potential Banana just like Yeovil were two or three years ago.

I think the reason we haven't signed many players is because we are now in a different market nor as anyone else but Newcastle who we are competing with when that market gets going and we are after the same players as Norwich  derby Brighton and such we will see how ambitious we are and how much of a pull we are when we are all after the same players 

Some might not like him, but as far as I'm concerned Nixon is our best shot at getting info at the moment as the club don't seem to be giving much away. 

He'll have his sources and he won't always be right but at least we get snippets off him. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

First, Derby have 27,000 season ticket holders so that helps.

Also, while Leeds have similar home crowds to us, their total income far exceeds ours as , like most clubs, they have an effective Commercial Dept

But it can be done. Apart from Bournemouth, both Southampton and Leicester came from bancruptcy and third division to Premiership, without FFP problems.

We have a strategy, including no fee for Fletcher and 3 - year season tickets, so relax. Us and Norwich automatic, Newcastle with usual suspects in play -offs.

A