FFP (again, apologies)

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Fletcher's lengthy deal don't come cheap at £35/40k-a-week.

Don't pretend he would drop a division to play for less.

Because those £25m investments didn't get paid wages

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Also, like most transfer transactions, Abdi's fee will be paid in instalments. Nobody pays total lump sum.

Means only club insiders really know our FFP position.

58 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Fletcher's lengthy deal don't come cheap at £35/40k-a-week.

Don't pretend he would drop a division to play for less.

The money we made from the play-off's has probably paid for Fletcher for at least one season.

We need to lose more than £39m over 3 years to worry about FFP.

Well Nixon in now adamant Abdi was at another club all day Monday (possibly had a medical he intimated).

The club is not Leeds and others suggested it was Derby.

If so, how come we keep things under wrap but it is still all over twitter/ the media and this other club has managed to keep anonymous? 

Sorry wrong thread will put in correct one

Edited by Triple O
error

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The money we made from the play-off's has probably paid for Fletcher for at least one season.

We need to lose more than £39m over 3 years to worry about FFP.

Yes but as a few of us keep saying the scheme starts this season so includes the previous 2 seasons. The 3 years are rolling.

14 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Yes but as a few of us keep saying the scheme starts this season so includes the previous 2 seasons. The 3 years are rolling.

I thought it started last season and this is the second season of the of the rolling 3 years?

Even if it is as you say, we spent buttons 2 seasons ago, so shouldn't have any issues anyway.

26 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I thought it started last season and this is the second season of the of the rolling 3 years?

Even if it is as you say, we spent buttons 2 seasons ago, so shouldn't have any issues anyway.

Think you would be best reading the earlier pages which give a good guestimate. Think we are going to be close with the signings we are making unless there is some sponsorship in the pipeline.

* Last season was a stand alone season with £13M max deficit.

Edited by Triple O

2 hours ago, Triple O said:

Think you would be best reading the earlier pages which give a good guestimate. Think we are going to be close with the signings we are making unless there is some sponsorship in the pipeline.

* Last season was a stand alone season with £13M max deficit.

Too many pages sadly!

If last season was a standalone £13m max deficit, we spent around £12-15m alone on transfer fees/loan fees, and aren't subject of an embargo, then I can't see how we would be even close this year with our current £0 outlay.

21 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Too many pages sadly!

If last season was a standalone £13m max deficit, we spent around £12-15m alone on transfer fees/loan fees, and aren't subject of an embargo, then I can't see how we would be even close this year with our current £0 outlay.

That is not how it is calculated. Even 2 seasons ago we had a deficit of £6M (not too much under the max allowed for that season. The transfer fees can be spread over the length of the contract so Forrestieri for example would cost £1M per year plus wages of around £2M. That's about a quarter of your £13M gone just there. Our wage bill will have gone through the roof also.

9 minutes ago, Triple O said:

That is not how it is calculated. Even 2 seasons ago we had a deficit of £6M (not too much under the max allowed for that season. The transfer fees can be spread over the length of the contract so Forrestieri for example would cost £1M per year plus wages of around £2M. That's about a quarter of your £13M gone just there. Our wage bill will have gone through the roof also.

So, due to the spread of expenditure, we won't know if we're in danger until the 2018 accounts are released - as I initially posted?

10 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, due to the spread of expenditure, we won't know if we're in danger until the 2018 accounts are released - as I initially posted?

No you still are missing the point. The accounts in June (?) 2017 will be the first to show a rolling 3 year picture. However for all I know we could have failed FFP in our accounts for last season. You do really need to read this thread if you are that interested and the EFL FFP rules on their website.

15 hours ago, Triple O said:

No you still are missing the point. The accounts in June (?) 2017 will be the first to show a rolling 3 year picture. However for all I know we could have failed FFP in our accounts for last season. You do really need to read this thread if you are that interested and the EFL FFP rules on their website.

I've only read the FFP website (too much mis-information on here), and from what I can work out is the rolling 3 years isn't back dated, so should start from the 2015/16 accounts. Happy to have another read later.

To get out of this division a club probably has to contravene FFP to have a chance of competing with the parachute clubs, so it's important to do it when promotion is reasonably likely. So I can't see Chansiri risking it with Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in the division. If the Championship were the same as last season, I'm sure he would. It's all about timing.

22 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

To get out of this division a club probably has to contravene FFP to have a chance of competing with the parachute clubs, so it's important to do it when promotion is reasonably likely. So I can't see Chansiri risking it with Villa, Newcastle and Norwich in the division. If the Championship were the same as last season, I'm sure he would. It's all about timing.

bang on...

last season we were testing the water and picked up a play off place...

this time we were going for a top two...

but with the relegation of the clubs of the magnitude of villa, newcastle, n' norwich may have caused a serious rethink on a top two place...

and the new aiming mark may well be play offs again...