FFP (again, apologies)

36 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sorry if discussed before but with our 3 year season tickets our season ticket income money will only be about half next season.

This I presume will effect our FFP. What happens if we don't go up this season? Will we have to cut back on the playing staff next season?

I was thinking/worried about that too, ST revenue is gonna be low for the next 3years 

Don't they just dived the income from the 3yr ones over the next 3 years ??

still going to be less than 3 bought annually tho I know, but it's in the books over 3 years not 1.  If you get my gist.  

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The fine isn't the risk, it's the embargo if you don't go up.

Surprised we are sailing close to the wind already and slightly concerning if so

Im more surprised Nixons managed to start another 13 page thread with one quote with no substance lol

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sorry if discussed before but with our 3 year season tickets our season ticket income money will only be about half next season.

This I presume will effect our FFP. What happens if we don't go up this season? Will we have to cut back on the playing staff next season?

Don't think it works like that. The income from STs is counted as income in the season it relates irrespective of when payment was made or if it was a 3 yr deal.

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Its a point I'm not sure on, if someone knows, please post.

1. If it's a 3 year rolling period and the slate isn't wiped clean, then I'd imagine with that years spend were at least 20m in the red. Your allowed 39m. So let's say we did splurge on RM that's us done

2. If the above is wrong and it is wiped clean staring now, noting we can make 39m losses I can't understand why for now we'd be that worried 

I'd suggest point one is correct but I'm far from the font of knowledge 

If we are still currently in the FFP period for 15/16 we will be very close to the £13M for that season.

If it is a rolling 3yr from now then as you say we could already be into £20M deficit leaving just £19M this season with some of the resent 3yr contracts already taking a chunk of this.

The only way to go is to increase the revenue. Enter the new guy.

37 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Im more surprised Nixons managed to start another 13 page thread with one quote with no substance lol

I wasn't at the steering group session but wasn't something mentioned on this? I'm not sure there is no substance 

9 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

If we are 20m now, add another 19 to it this year means we couldn't spend a penny next year

I can see the ground getting a new name before long. So be it if needs must. 

The new guy isn't a miracle worker overnight, these things take time. 

Nope, the 6 million from year 1 of the rolling 3 comes back into play. If any team goes for it big time this year on the 39m (assuming this is year 3 of 3 for the rolling calculation), then next year is the crunch, and then the year after you're effectively back to 13M of new allowable losses every year.

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Bloody hell in reyt confused now.

I thought the 39m rolling three years started from this season 

The 39m losses over 3 seasons start from this season. Clubs were allowed to make a loss of 13m last season. Thats what it says on the football league website. Nobody seems to be sure if the 39m over 3 seasons will be reviewed at the end of each season or if the review will be done at the end of the 3rd season

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Bloody hell in reyt confused now.

I thought the 39m rolling three years started from this season 

If it does, then we could take losses of up to 39M this season. But some people have said that it will be backdated, so I calculated upthread that this probably gives us 20M to play with this season (minus Fletcher's salary for the year). 

Whether it is backdated or not I can't express any view on until I've seen the text of the rule - and the EFL website has the old rules on it, still.

1 minute ago, pickledegghiderman said:

The 39m losses over 3 seasons start from this season. Clubs were allowed to make a loss of 13m last season. Thats what it says on the football league website. Nobody seems to be sure if the 39m over 3 seasons will be reviewed at the end of each season or if the review will be done at the end of the 3rd season

This was my assumption, which some people queried, and when I went to check I couldn't find any confirmation one way or the other  - I backdated it 3 years as a worst case scenario. I'd need to see the text of the new rules to be surer.

Edited by WC1Owl

2 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

This was my assumption - I backdated it 3 years as a worst case scenario.

Hopefully somebody at the club will have contacted the football league and will know the exact details. In my opinion, we should be looking at trimming down the fringe players in the squad to reduce the wage bill and look at bringing in 3-4 more players. If we dont go up then we might have to sell one of our prize assets to balance the books but it's a risk id take rather than sign nobody and effectively already be in an unforced transfer embargo

3 minutes ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Hopefully somebody at the club will have contacted the football league and will know the exact details.

Maybe they have and that is why the calculator quotes came out (if you believe anything that Nixon says of course)

If anyone can really be arsed, this is the 2015 version...

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/26/77/91/2267791_DOWNLOAD.pdf

From the tiny bit I read, it appears the 3 years covers the current year and previous 2, so the £39m is a bit of a red herring, cos that won't be effective until next year (when we've had 3 seasons at £13m). As I understand it, we are allowed a loss of £13m this season, £13m last season and £6 from season before (total £32m), of which DC/MM could only cover £3m, £8m and £8m (£19m).

It's quite possible I'm understanding this all wrong!

7 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

If anyone can really be arsed, this is the 2015 version...

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/26/77/91/2267791_DOWNLOAD.pdf

From the tiny bit I read, it appears the 3 years covers the current year and previous 2, so the £39m is a bit of a red herring, cos that won't be effective until next year (when we've had 3 seasons at £13m). As I understand it, we are allowed a loss of £13m this season, £13m last season and £6 from season before (total £32m), of which DC/MM could only cover £3m, £8m and £8m (£19m).

It's quite possible I'm understanding this all wrong!

UEFA, Prem and Football League all have their own FFP rules.