NEW SWFC KIT - Official full length photo

3 minutes ago, Bedford Owl said:

£55 for a Sports Direct home brand shirt, Bargain!

So if you buy an adult home shirt & pay on the day to sit in the CHEAPEST seats against Villa, you will have have £3 quid change from a hundred big ones. You might even  have enough to get a coffee at half time if they haven't sold out. :duntmatter:

Is it really  £49 for a junior shirt?

I booked this weekend off to take my Nephew to OiTP and maybe get him the home shirt (wasn't even sure it'd be out yet).

When I saw it I had 2nd thoughts but would've still got him one if he liked it... but for that price there's no chance. 

Edited by Donny.Owl

Home shirt is definitely a lot nicer on that image. Blue is lighter which is good!

I won't lie, I'd prefer traditional stripes, but I do strangely like it especially when it's with the shorts and socks (despite me preferring black shorts usually!)

I think the few are right who say it's going to grow on people. People are just shocked because it's a big change to what we are used to. All 3 shirts actually look pretty smart and even better with our own stuff on the sleeves

You know something, well done SWFC. Just use stripes next time please :biggrin:

Seems like a marketing masterstroke to me.

People will still buy this. Some would buy a turd with the badge on it. Some who normally do won't, but then others who normally don't will. The club aren't going to see a huge drop in sales from this years kits.

Next year though it's the anniversary kit. And forget our "first" kit or anything like that. Next years kit will be blue and white stripes. It will be the Sheffield Wednesday kit most of us think of when we think what that means. It'll have stripes. It'll be the right shade of blue. It'll have a central blue stripe. Probably a collar. Maybe even without a sponsor. It'll have black shorts. It'll be a very Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday kit. 

They'll sell thousands and thousands of them. Especially after losing the traditional stripes for a year before. "They're back!"

TBH I think some of the kits designed by supporters looked better than the home shirt. It's not that it's a bad looking shirt but it's not Sheffield Wednesday without a thicker white stripe IMO. Away kits are fine, but £55 is much too steep for any of them.

Both away shirts are excellent...the home kit is a foookin' abomination ...unless it looks better in reality. Who the foooook gets paid to design something so utterly sheite !?

Edited by Freshfish