Match Day Prices Announced

6 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

With everything you read on here dc making a right testicles of running club dont like  prices dont like kits not enough signings 

Well its too early to comment about the signings but the rest of the news over the last day or so has completely turned me off for the upcoming season...

3 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Can anyone say they are surprised at these prices ? He even extended the deadline for people to buy a ST at the cheaper rate incase people didn't have the money at the time. 

They are the same as last year.

the surprise is that he has gone £42 on the kop for a match live in Sky.  Especially as it is the first match of the season and we didn't think he'd make the same mistake as last season.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

9 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

If you can't afford to go then don't go, no need for the hating.

Many people moaning about the ticket prices will be the same ones demanding Mr C spends 20 million on McCormack and Hanley.

Bizarre.

Or have you just made that up? 

Guest Ash76
27 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

how can a supporter that goes to 5-8 matches per season possibly make an informed decision?

Priority, loads sold at the end of or approaching the end of last season. Fair to say some will have visited Hillsborough before that, money wasted

8 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They are the same as last year.

the surprise is that he has gone £42 on the kop for a match live in Sky.  Especially as it is the first match of the season and we didn't think he'd make the same mistake as last season.

No surprise from me tbh, could see it coming a mile off after the extended ST deadline. He's trying to create a ST culture at the club, how else do you do it ? 

7 hours ago, eguin said:

I agree, a game and my travel would be around £80 each time i go.

Might go to the friendly matches and thats about it.

£25 is plenty to pay to see grown men kicking a bag of air around

If watching wednesday means only watching grown men kick a bag of air around go away and find something else to do 

I find it odd that people still don't get it.

The season tickets were quite reasonably priced. Well done for that. Still quite steep for second tier football but not bad.

What if you cant get to every game though? There are so many people that say;

"you should go to every game if you're a fan"

"buy a season ticket if POTG is expensive"

"If you don't like the prices don't come just don't moan"

"this is just what happens so deal with it"

Well what will happen is people will deal with it by;

- not going to the games

- not buying the merchandise

- not bringing their kids - the next generation of fans

I had a season ticket for over 20 years until I had kids three years ago. I can't get to midweek games and I wouldn't be able to make every weekend game due to family commitments.

I'm sure there will be some reasonably priced games too but if you set the bar as "the cheapest ticket for a game that's on Sky is £42 (unless you spend £50 on membership)" then that's too much. It alienates people from the very first game.

We did it last year and a lot of people didn't go because it felt like they were being taken advantage of and they just haven't learned anything from that. It's a kick in the teeth to a lot of fans.

If possible I'll try to get along to one of the more reasonably priced games but it's more likely I'll just stick to going to away games and watching games on the TV now. It's quite disappointing to know that.

12 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I just went to compare our prices to Ipswich, whose best seats and best category is £57

http://www.itfc.co.uk/documents/1617-price-plan-itfc37-3141519.pdf

Really like the Ipswich approach compared to ours.

Same price all season for your seat.

Good range of seats, from £27.50 to £54.50 for best view/luxury.

Overall, an Ipswich fan and a Wednesday fan might pay a similar amount all season, but without the obscene one off prices for the Villa, Newcastle, etc matches.

I am utterly convinced that the same price all season approach would achieve more for the club's finance and more for the team's support.

5 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I find it odd that people still don't get it.

The season tickets were quite reasonably priced. Well done for that. Still quite steep for second tier football but not bad.

What if you cant get to every game though? There are so many people that say;

"you should go to every game if you're a fan"

"buy a season ticket if POTG is expensive"

"If you don't like the prices don't come just don't moan"

"this is just what happens so deal with it"

Well what will happen is people will deal with it by;

- not going to the games

- not buying the merchandise

- not bringing their kids - the next generation of fans

I had a season ticket for over 20 years until I had kids three years ago. I can't get to midweek games and I wouldn't be able to make every weekend game due to family commitments.

I'm sure there will be some reasonably priced games too but if you set the bar as "the cheapest ticket for a game that's on Sky is £42 (unless you spend £50 on membership)" then that's too much. It alienates people from the very first game.

We did it last year and a lot of people didn't go because it felt like they were being taken advantage of and they just haven't learned anything from that. It's a kick in the teeth to a lot of fans.

If possible I'll try to get along to one of the more reasonably priced games but it's more likely I'll just stick to going to away games and watching games on the TV now. It's quite disappointing to know that.

In fairness if you're taking kids then the price averages out OK.

Regarding membership it's £50 or say £100 if you have 2 kids so if you don't go very often why not stump up and view that as your little bit towards helping to get our club back where we belong?

I'll be messaging my brother in Spain if he doesn't already no to remind him to get his membership even though he might only make a few games again next season.

13 hours ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

That wouldn't be a reason to complain about the price increase though. If only buying it to support the club then that's their choice. If that's the case then it would never make financial sense. 

I'm happy to contribute, I'm not happy to be taken the p*ss out of with a 66% increase in my 'donation'.

13 hours ago, SouthStandParty said:

Why would anyone consciously and unnecessarily 'contribute to the club' which is owned by a multi millionaire businessman whose sole aim is to get to the Premier League, for him, and him alone to benefit financially?

Must be mad.

Simply to support my Club.