Match Day Prices Announced

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yeah mate 50 a month. Check my statements if you'd like

What car is it? RX8 or something?

Do we really need the categories? I think a flat fee for all games throughout the season, a reasonable price but which makes membership and season tickets still the best deals, with the odd 20 quid game thrown in to attract the larger gates would be the best way forward and increase average attendance 

1 minute ago, swfcjack27 said:

Do we really need the categories? I think a flat fee for all games throughout the season, a reasonable price but which makes membership and season tickets still the best deals, with the odd 20 quid game thrown in to attract the larger gates would be the best way forward and increase average attendance 

Bizarre that we get further and further away from this every season. 

There will be people being turned off from going, purely based on the fact they haven't got a scooby-doo how much it's likely to be from one game to the next.

23 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If that was Dave Allen people would want him hung, drawn and quartered, but because we're spending on the team people are prepared to gloss over it unfortunately- they don't care that people who have pumped money into the club over the rotten years are being treated like this.

Unfortunately, I'm personally getting to this point. Background wise I was never more than a regular run of the mill season ticket holder before real.life took over.

The more and more I watch what's going on, re price rises. Debatable business practices forced upon our most loyal supporters, the more I worry.

It's fine when your winning games, buying so called big name players. But one bad season at this level of pricing, could be a chuffing car crash.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ok my road tax MAY have been a slight over exaggeration but my point still stands, it's still expensive for someone who isn't allowed to go faster than 30 and I've had to cut back in areas to be able to watch my team play

I bet you're out 3/4 nights a week, have a takeaway every night and head to toe in 'labels' lol

Really frustrating to see the mistakes of last season being repeated again. I thought taking out the phase 3 season ticket price was geared up for making prices more reasonable for the huge number of POTG fans that we all know we have. 

Who knows, there's hope in the pricing structure that the lower categories can be used enough times to make it realistic for a lot of our fans to attend (let's take into account the demographic of our 'average' fan in Sheffield and surrounding areas).

What's clear though is that the Bristol City gaffe hasn't taught our club anything and they've just spread a message (that will stick with people for months) that tickets to watch games will cost £42. Why not build on the brilliant momentum of last season by getting a big crowd in for the first game of the season and have a great atmosphere again from day 1. Which there would have been, irrespective of it being on Sky, if the price had been sensible. Come on SWFC, this is the last piece of the jigsaw you're screwing up on, but it's a damn big piece sadly. 

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ok my road tax MAY have been a slight over exaggeration but my point still stands, it's still expensive for someone who isn't allowed to go faster than 30 and I've had to cut back in areas to be able to watch my team play

You mean daddy won't pay for you anymore lol

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I'd honestly judge anyone that paid on the gate against Villa. Even more so if, like me, they had to travel a decent distance to get there at a cost. 

It's just lunacy to alienate people who can't get to many games. 

Judge what?

2 hours ago, baz9209 said:

That's me priced out now as an armed forces member, normally get membership but as I am away for four months this year min no point, POTG as least allowd me 6-7 games per season min, but now it will not be worth it 

just have to get a season ticket when  I retire lol 

But you save a tenner on each ticket so why not pay £40 for a membership?

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

This is a fair point. I've always been quite a regular walk up POTG customer (say 12-14 home games a season) but ive decided to get a season ticket this year as all the messing around at the end of last season was a ball ache.

But will I renew it again if we had a mid table nothing season with the risk of further increases? I'm not honestly sure I would. The strategy of Chansiri demands winning football and that's hard to sustain year after year

Very hard in the championship and let's be honest, even harder in the EPL.

Daft as it sounds, I'm even starting to debate, if I want my kids to grow up following us. I'm just thinking what's the point if they are getting fleeced left right and centre. By let's be honest, a traditional working class sport.

Perhaps that's a football problem. Therefore a wider debate.

Just thinking out loud really. I'll probably cough up as normal as and when.

Horrid addiction the swfc lark.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Chansiri inherited a fortune from his Dad.  He is no business genius.

All his key staff keep leaving or get sacked.

The new COO will be gone by Xmas.

he hasn't got a clue on pricing.

his treatment of the box holders and reneging on contracts is absolutely disgusting.

He made an inspired managerial appointment and threw some money at it.  This is covering up the cracks.

if it starts going wrong on the pitch it will all fall apart.

Neg away lol

Well yes tickets are too expensive for opening game but why make up loads of testicles to try and prove your point?

30 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes I am a student, and because of that I have little money especially during the summer months. Because of my age I get paid the minimum wage of £5.20 an hour, I also have a car (insurance is around £150 a month on a 15 year old car, tax is £50 a month and £25 petrol too) and pay for my phone contract and contribute towards my families expenses such as internet, gas/electric/water and the tele that I watch. Food I get free which is pretty decent ;) but obviously I don't have a pension to pay or a mortgage although I am now in around 23 grands worth of debt so that's lovely. Wednesday is as important to me as spending time with my friends in the pub and my studies, so a fair whack of what I have left disappears on the club. 

My attitude may be bad, and if you are really struggling to afford to even live then of course attending football matches should be of the lowest of your priorities anyway, even the cheap ones at a tenner you should be seriously thinking can I afford to attend this one. Cheaper tickets have shown to not work, a la Charlton and a variety of other matches last season and the year before (Reading 14/15 perhaps?), we have a hardcore group of fans who pay anything, a group that refuse to pay anything more than £30 and then the ones who only turn up when the big boys are in town or we are playing well.

Totally understand from your point of view as well as I've been there but I always had more disposable income at your age than I did at my age.

The main thing is that these prices are expensive and you've got to admit that they are. Sure people would still moan if they were a bit cheaper but there's a difference between moaning and then actually having prices that will deter some people. Like I've said I will make games I'm not hard up on cash too much but things come out of the blue all the time and make life more difficult (like my fecking oven blowing up and costing me 200 quid to replace). There are more important things in life than wednesday (maybe some fans, maybe like yourself don't share that opinion) but the fact these prices make me question whether I should go on the opening day of the season is surely wrong. We need to get more people through the gates and especially the younger generation as that is where the money is. The club needs to think long term and not just short-medium term. 

Sorry for having a go and a moan as your entitled to your opinion (although it's wrong :manager:), but I do like to believe in WAWAW line and we need to stick together and not divide as a club/fans/potential fans to make this club great again.  

Really simple for me, I was going to buy a membership. For £50 I won't. I was going to go to the villa game, for £42 I won't. I was really looking forward to this season, I'm not now. I'll probably barely go. It's such a shame, such a disappointment. I'm gutted, watching Wednesday shouldn't be something where you have an ill feeling over how much money it's cost. This won't push me down a season ticket route, it'll push me towards finding something else to do with my Saturdays

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Daddys dead. So yeah he hasn't for a while

FFS my apologies for that previous comment then mate

18 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I bet you're out 3/4 nights a week, have a takeaway every night and head to toe in 'labels' lol

It depends, I'm not out friday cos im gonna chesterfield but twice a week at most.

I have a Fred Perry jacket and some gazelles, not much else label wise unless my wed shirt counts.