Match Day Prices Announced

34 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Bought a membership last season and went to 14 home games. Wasn't particularly happy with the prices but enjoyed the season in the main.

After the disappointment of Wembley and the Euros, plus reading about ridiculous player wages and transfer fees... I've gone off top level football in the last couple of months. Now these prices!

It's more than the principle but unless we're pushing for the automatics, I can't see me going to a home league game this season.

I'll just be watching from my armchair with the odd away game (when I can get a ticket) this year

You sum up the whingers.

I won't go on principle except if we're winning, in which case they go out the window

lol

But some of the reactions on here are mindblowing

- I hope we get low attendances

- People are stupid for going

- I'm not bringing my kids up to support us...

Best fans in the world my arse

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

I think i'm pretty much done with English football tbh.  Can't see it ever getting any better.  

We were shielded from the worst of it before Chansiri came in because we weren't really trying to be competitive, but over the last couple of seasons we've really rocketed to the forefront of the worst excesses of modern football.

33 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

*their

Because no run of the mill league game is worth paying that kind of money for. If people can't understand that this kind of pricing is killing fans support they're stupider than the people who set the prices. It's indefensible.

Completely this.

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You sum up the whingers.

I won't go on principle except if we're winning, in which case they go out the window

lol

But some of the reactions on here are mindblowing

- I hope we get low attendances

- People are stupid for going

- I'm not bringing my kids up to support us...

Best fans in the world my arse

you must be a true fan.

While there's people like you that continue to justify ridiculous ticket prices, clubs will continue to charge them. Players (and players agents) will continue to get richer.

We're more expensive than most premier league clubs.

I'd follow the Germans and have a protest/boycott...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/12149284/Borussia-Dortmund-supporters-protest-over-ticket-prices-after-German-fans-claim-English-game-is-killing-itself.html

6 minutes ago, nilsson said:

you must be a true fan.

While there's people like you that continue to justify ridiculous ticket prices, clubs will continue to charge them. Players (and players agents) will continue to get richer.

We're more expensive than most premier league clubs.

I'd follow the Germans and have a protest/boycott...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/12149284/Borussia-Dortmund-supporters-protest-over-ticket-prices-after-German-fans-claim-English-game-is-killing-itself.html

I'm just a fan with an opinion

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

Ticket prices of over £40 should only be charged for one off events.

To charge £42-£49 for an event that happens 23 times a season is ludicrous.

I'm not going again

I agree, a game and my travel would be around £80 each time i go.

Might go to the friendly matches and thats about it.

£25 is plenty to pay to see grown men kicking a bag of air around

7 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Then he a nob then should ban him for that excuse

You have to read it backwards through a mirror,whilst standing on one leg on a bar stool in a pub in Barnsley, any pub'll do, and reciting the lords prayer but only every second line in Swahili then returning to the beginning backwards in a Gregorian chant in Mandarin. It will all become perfectly clear...............................

tin hat and running shoes on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:tango:

6 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I'm just a fan with an opinion

Which your very much entitled to.

The comment re not bring my kids up Wednesday fans. Is to perhaps hopefully get them into something else. I very much fallen out of love with the game. (For me football as a whole is the problem) I'll always give them the choice if they love football that's what we can do.

At the prices they give me the excuse to try something else out with the kids.

Edited by Maddogbob

Price increases are never ideal but if we were ever to compete again even if it's only at championship level then price hikes were inevitable. When it comes down to it everyone has a choice they either decide whether they can afford to go or they can't, as it is for any form of entertainment.

5 hours ago, eguin said:

I agree, a game and my travel would be around £80 each time i go.

Might go to the friendly matches and thats about it.

£25 is plenty to pay to see grown men kicking a bag of air around

This has turned me off the friendly games too to be honest- I joust don't feel like DC wants 'part time' fans to be part of it TBH.

Fair enough- I'll catch the games I can on Sky/streams when I can and spend my money/Saturday afternoons with the family.

Guest Ash76

As I predicted prices for each category remain the same, can only measure any variance at the end of the season. 

Membership increases may seem steep but when you look back at the end of the season I'm sure, that like last, it will be seen as good value

Edited by Ash76

14 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This has turned me off the friendly games too to be honest- I joust don't feel like DC wants 'part time' fans to be part of it TBH.

Fair enough- I'll catch the games I can on Sky/streams when I can and spend my money/Saturday afternoons with the family.

Doesn't want part time fans 

Where has he ever said that?

He has set a pricing structure he feels is correct for his business. 

He encourages season tickets but who wouldn't? 

Best fans in the world

lol

47 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Doesn't want part time fans 

Where has he ever said that?

He has set a pricing structure he feels is correct for his business. 

He encourages season tickets but who wouldn't? 

Best fans in the world

lol

I'm not so sure setting match tickets at sky high prices months after the cheapest season tickets have gone off sale is encouraging anything unless you are blessed with the  remarkable powers of Mystic Meg.

To be honest I am fine with the £50 membership.  There should be more transparency though as to how many matches will be £10 off otherwise how can a supporter that goes to 5-8 matches per season possibly make an informed decision?

the thing I really don't get is not learning lessons from last season.

Firstly, Sky dramatically effects attendances for all but the very biggest of matches, especially if prices are sky high.

Secondly, the first match sets the tone/feeling amongst the fan base for the rest of the season.

After the Bristol City match he was fighting a losing battle all season.  He is now going to be doing exactly the same.

There is no way a Kop ticket for a Sky match should be more than £30.  Tgerefore, the message is, buy  a membership for £50 in order that you can buy a ticket for close to what the price really should be.

You are not paying £50 for a genuine discount, you are paying £50 to not get totally fleeced.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

With everything you read on here dc making a right testicles of running club dont like  prices dont like kits not enough signings 

Edited by Guest