Match Day Prices Announced

37 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Just out of interest how many people can you fit in these boxes and other than being able to view the game, what are the other benefits? Just interested to see what you get for your money that's all

But him withdrawing the offer of instalments does seem a little bit strange. What would happen if everyone just said get stuffed and walked away (I know I would out if principal alone)

You get 10 tickets per match.

3 course meal for everybody too.

14 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Really simple for me, I was going to buy a membership. For £50 I won't. I was going to go to the villa game, for £42 I won't. I was really looking forward to this season, I'm not now. I'll probably barely go. It's such a shame, such a disappointment. I'm gutted, watching Wednesday shouldn't be something where you have an ill feeling over how much money it's cost. This won't push me down a season ticket route, it'll push me towards finding something else to do with my Saturdays

Unfortunately I think I'll be doing the same ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Berlins 3 bottle of pills for a quid with a used bus ticket was my old favourite (esp as my best mates dad was a bus driver) 

Completley wasted on £4

Hahaha gi or!!! lol never knew that one! Bet you lot uses to go to that Pulse and Vogue on Attercliffe next to Arena?  Always wanted to go there but was too young at the time!

3 hours ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

Quick numerical comparison:

Say 20,000 at around £500 a time (for this season) = £10 million income.

Compared with Steve Fletcher (not accounting for any signing on / agent fee) on £35k a week for 52 weeks = £1.82 million.

That's nearly 20% of this season's S/T revenue on one 'free transfer' - doesn't go far these days.

Not supporting the prices, but as I said on a similar thread last year - this goes wider than just Wednesday and needs taking up at FA, Premier League, Football League level.

Totally agree. It's a wider problem.

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

No started life off in Cairo's and Roxy's then things moved down to the Europa next to Berlins.

Tuesday night was students night down there. Spin the wheel in Berlins and whatever landed was £1 for an hour. Place used to erupt when it landed on blastaways lol 

Yeah me mum and aunty used to go to them places, she mentions Josephines aswell. I think Dave Allen actually owned it at one point my mum said!!

Bought a membership last season and went to 14 home games. Wasn't particularly happy with the prices but enjoyed the season in the main.

After the disappointment of Wembley and the Euros, plus reading about ridiculous player wages and transfer fees... I've gone off top level football in the last couple of months. Now these prices!

It's more than the principle but unless we're pushing for the automatics, I can't see me going to a home league game this season.

I'll just be watching from my armchair with the odd away game (when I can get a ticket) this year

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Well in what way would you judge people who travel to support *there club?

*their

Because no run of the mill league game is worth paying that kind of money for. If people can't understand that this kind of pricing is killing fans support they're stupider than the people who set the prices. It's indefensible.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Daft as it sounds, I'm even starting to debate, if I want my kids to grow up following us. I'm just thinking what's the point if they are getting fleeced left right and centre. By let's be honest, a traditional working class sport.

Really good point this. My lad is 5 in September - just getting to that age when I think he's going to start showing an interest, but no way can I afford for the pair of us to pick and choose games at these prices.

18 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

*their

Because no run of the mill league game is worth paying that kind of money for. If people can't understand that this kind of pricing is killing fans support they're stupider than the people who set the prices. It's indefensible.

Here we go spelling police, if you're that bright the price of tickets I bet wouldn't even register on you're massive bank balance.

What a wee pipe comment though that you think somebody is stupid for doing what they enjoy.