The Championship Run-In

Cardiff v Ipswich on Saturday, then Ipswich have 4 homes against lower sides and one away.

Hoping for a Cardiff win or draw, but far more importantly we need to get several wins ahead of playing Ipswich.

It looks very much like the automatics are going to be decided by any 2 from the Top 4.  That said Brighton have some tricky fixtures coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if they drop points as they do tend to draw a lot of games like ourselves. 

As for the last two play-off places I think it's 2 from us, Derby, Ipswich, Birmingham and Cardiff.  Preston looked like they might challenge but have dropped off.  Anyone from QPR, Wolves, Forest and perhaps even Leeds and Blackburn could still challenge but it looks unlikely.

We don't lose many games but TBH we struggle a bit to win games consistently.  I do wonder if the stage is set for the likes of McGeady and Matias to come to the fore alongside the likes of Forrestieri and Hooper in the run-in.  Personally I can see Joao finishing the season strongly.  If we are still in contention ahead of the games against Ipswich, Derby and Cardiff then I'll be happy but whatever happens we are moving in the right direction and after many years of disappointment and struggle I'll take that.

It is brewing up into the Ipswich Cardiff match being the game òf the season for both teams. Massive crowd and a cup final atmosphere.

Of course the way this Division is going it could be 9th v 10th.

Sorted it for you.  :biggrin: