The Championship Run-In

We've got what I'll describe as growing strength. I'll admit I'm a starry-eyed optimist but looking back, I don't think we've been better positioned in most of our previous promotion seasons in my lifetime. I'm a table-gazer, as well but I like to think of the season in metaphorical ways, too and my image is of us in a 1500 metre race, well positioned on the back straight and ready  to do that attacking run around the final curve thing. I feel sure we will be in the photo finish - but I doubt that my cardiac condition will allow me to enjoy it :wacko:

Or survive it! :laugh:

Edited by VictoryBell

Bit shuffle that we have to play QPR on a Tuesday and then Hull on the Friday. I know its evens as Hull have the same but it will no doubt lead to some squad rotation so I hope Carlos gets the teams correct for the games (not that I doubt), as I can see us probably putting a weaker one out against QPR.

Joao and mcgeady in for FF & Hooper to start!

Playoffs for me, our away form before xmas was not quite good enough, we'd have to win 13 out of 15 to get  automatic promotion, it's possible but Hull, Brighton and Ipswich are sides we have struggled against this season, they simply out muscle us, uncle Colin will give us a very tough game against Rotherham, Prestons form over the last 10 games is not far off ours and the rest will be no walk in the park.

I think today's game will be an indicator of how we will fair for the rest of the campaign, this is a very tough test, and the team today is bursting at the seams we also have the twelfth man.

Playoffs for me, our away form before xmas was not quite good enough, we'd have to win 13 out of 15 to get  automatic promotion, it's possible but Hull, Brighton and Ipswich are sides we have struggled against this season, they simply out muscle us, uncle Colin will give us a very tough game against Rotherham, Prestons form over the last 10 games is not far off ours and the rest will be no walk in the park.

That would be ipswich we lost 2-1 to away in what was a pretty tight game and very early in the season.

Brighton we drew 0-0 with at home and who we really should have beaten.

Hull we drew with 0-0 again at home but we were the better team.

I wouldn't call that struggling. 

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league/predicted

6th place predicted, would gladly take that. I'm just so happy we are thoroughly in contention for the play offs right now. I wouldn't completely write off automatic, but it will be incredibly tough bearing in mind our recent form against the other teams at the top.

Weirdly they have us winning all our remaining home games, but none away !

That would be ipswich we lost 2-1 to away in what was a pretty tight game and very early in the season.

Brighton we drew 0-0 with at home and who we really should have beaten.

Hull we drew with 0-0 again at home but we were the better team.

I wouldn't call that struggling.

Hull was 1-1 - we were leading with a Forestieri goal. A game we should possibly have won.

Guest Ferkorf

Thanks for that

lol

Seriously, I don't know how you have Birmingham to finish above us.

They still have Hull, Middlesbrough, Brighton & Burnley to play.

They arent far off now especially if we dont collect a point or 3 tneet

Updated, a few minor dropped b0ll0x rectified.

post-88-0-98172400-1456487204_thumb.png

Birmingham are our biggest threat for 6th place but I think we have the better run in.

2 wins against Charlton & Rotherham would give us 60 points at the end of March (hopefully we'll have more). I think we'd be well set then for the final month.

Edited by BIG D

Another one for you.Not difficult to see what our problem has been.attachicon.gifSeason Record.png

Nice one bigD.

Shows that the run in is a totally mixed bag. Lots of supposedly easy homes, and lots of supposedly tough aways.

Fantastic exciting season.

We will kick ourselves for several silly results though if we just miss 6th.