pitch looking bare (dom howson tweet)

Guessing because their pitch was already half decent whereas ours was a shambles

I'm trying my best to assume you are being serious?

What you said is irrelevant as both were dug down to the foundations before the new pitch and desso system were started.

just thought it wouldn't look as bare so quickly we the money we spent on it and I think dom howson was thinking the same hence why he said it. All other desso pitches look mint compared to ours. Give it a few more games and it will look like last seasons. is it the groundsman at fault or what?

Guest King_SWFC

United had theirs done after ours, so why is there's still looking very good and ours worn and bare? Genuine question

If I was to answer this I'd say it's because were in a crap location. It's very wet around Hillsborough, and being bang next to a river. The sun doesn't hit it as much as it needs, even if we do have artificial lights (I'm guessing we do). Couple those factors and it's kind of understandable.

It is going to need some serious growth over the summer though for all those poncey Premier League teams running on it next year.

United had theirs done after ours, so why is there's still looking very good and ours worn and bare? Genuine question

The pigs Desso work was done after ours but their pitch was seeded before the Desso work & a good 2 or 3 weeks before ours. We only had about 4 weeks between seeding & the pre-season friendly. I'm no expert but 4 weeks doesn't seem a lot for grass to grow & roots to bed in properly.