Hutch

Always liked Hutch, but does anyone think he looks even better this season? Has he improved? or is it simply down to the fact he's playing with better players and we are winning games? Top player

Think I agree with you. One thing that is definitely surprising me this season is the number of games he is playing. When he first started with us, he'd play alternate games and (almost?) never play two games in a week. Now he is playing most games. I'm happy with our recent results and performances so nothing should change. Well played Hutch, and great to see him get a goal.

Think I agree with you. One thing that is definitely surprising me this season is the number of games he is playing. When he first started with us, he'd play alternate games and (almost?) never play two games in a week. Now he is playing most games. I'm happy with our recent results and performances so nothing should change. Well played Hutch, and great to see him get a goal.

We must be doing something right on the training ground with him.

Seems a lot fitter and appears to be in less pain.

Long may it continue for the lad. Just glad to see he's getting games.

100% committed warrior who's also a damned good player. Written off in the summer by some as a crock and a disciplinary liability. In reality he's a vital cog in the team. He'll miss games to suspension but that's why we have Semedo and Melo.

I'm sure he must inspire his team mates.

Gonna miss him when he gets a 2 game ban... He's on 9 bookings now!

Ha poo poo didn't realise he was on 9 bookings. That is his game though and teams like Arsenal flipping hate it which showed tonight. The team was awesome but that was the hardest working display I've seen in a long time from midfield. 

Been mentioned a couple of times that his improved fitness as it pertains to his injuries is down to the way he trains, which obviously doesn't impact on his stamina type fitness as he lasts the full match no problem, still racing around at the 90th minute, wonder how they do it.

i don't get the concern with Hutcho's disciplinary record. he's not been sent off this year and sure he's collected 8 yellows in the league and 1 in the cup but he's been a lot more disciplined this season compared to last. some of his yellows as well are unjust, the one against hull for diving out the way of a tackle?!

sometimes he does walk a thin line between staying on the field and being sent off but the guy is, in my opinion a vital cog in Carlo's current SWFC team. He offers bite, agression, enthusiasm, bundles of energy and the difference between him and a lot of defensive players (e.g Semedo) is that Hutcho can play some bloody good football too. Composed on the ball, good first touch, good control. Rarely loses the ball and is constantly wanting the ball from the back to bring forward and play football

the guy is worth mega money. absolutely. Massive fan of Hutch

Edited by Hack-Abusi

That tackle last night was never a red card in a million years. Both players went in fully committed, both led with one foot showing, one got up and the other cried to the referee - leading to a booking for Hutchinson.

However, the Hull tackle was a red card.

Regarding Hutchinson's performances - he's been excellent, comfortable on the ball, breaks play up, works hard, fully committed, and great energy. Also think his body has been helped by having class around him so he doesn't have to put his body on the line as much as he did last season. Hope he manages to stay fit and is rewarded with a contract extension.