Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

Why do people keep putting up daft comparisons to Bayern Munich and premier league sides? They all earn at least a £100 million a year more than us so can subsidize tickets.

They're not as bad as the one's who think running a PL club costs nowt and the owner gets to bank the TV money. 

Only just seen this and WOW!

Absolutely astonishing pricing.  Like many on here I face a trek of 170 miles each way to see home games AKA a tank of fuel so £70.  Chuck in the ticket prices for me plus 2 kids and a pie and a drink we are topping £150.

That sort of money buys a kids bike, a weeks family shop at Tesco, even a TV nowadays.

It needs to be fantasy football with a matchday experience unrivalled in our league to justify that cost.

more than ever for the part-time fans the quality on the pitch will come into it more than ever.

Its its like last season it will make it very difficult to justify the cost.

If we are winning and playing sexy football (squad is short at the moment imo) then no way will i pay 50 quid for an afternoon out. Will treat myself to a flight to say Berlin for the same cost.

At cat G prices, Kop ST holders save £3 a match, this rises to £10 a game for cat F. Substantially more above this.

Unless we attract a crowd above 25k for the first game.

The majority will be D-F and there will be more Cat G fixtures than A*, A & B combined.

Any other pricing will result in the ground being the preserve of ST holders.

They've made a mistake with the cost of the opening game.

They're not stupid and will correct this for the rest of the season.

Let's say Rotherham at home is a Cat A match as many have suggested, would people be happy to pay upwards of £40 for the cheapest tickets on the kop with the possibility of posts obstructing your view or the band parking in your ear???

That not including if you want to take your family/kids, would these prices regardless of what's being served up on the pitch (which free flowing football isn't a given as many would suggest) really appeal to the majority of POTG Wednesday fans? I doubt they would in all honesty.

Let's say Rotherham at home is a Cat A match as many have suggested, would people be happy to pay upwards of £40 for the cheapest tickets on the kop with the possibility of posts obstructing your view or the band parking in your ear???

That not including if you want to take your family/kids, would these prices regardless of what's being served up on the pitch (which free flowing football isn't a given as many would suggest) really appeal to the majority of POTG Wednesday fans? I doubt they would in all honesty.

I'd try reading the post you quoted.

A 'wake up call to modern football?". If that's the case then the sooner 'modern football' f***s off and dies the better.

It's not even true - this is obscenely expensive even compared to the huge costs at other clubs.

Just look at some of the comments on the Bristol Rovers site. To them we have become symbolic of everything that's wrong with modern football overnight. Chansiri is actually destroying the clubs reputation with these prices - we might as well be Leeds...

Well that's what happened at Blackpool F C !!!

Well done.  You've managed to pick the only club to do it in the history of the PL.  Now, can you tell me what the average debt of a PL team is?

A 'wake up call to modern football?". If that's the case then the sooner 'modern football' f***s off and dies the better.

It's not even true - this is obscenely expensive even compared to the huge costs at other clubs.

Just look at some of the comments on the Bristol Rovers site. To them we have become symbolic of everything that's wrong with modern football overnight. Chansiri is actually destroying the clubs reputation with these prices - we might as well be Leeds...

Bristol City fans are feeling sorry for us.  I've got a season ticket but if I hadn't with travel for me and my daughter it would be the best part of £100 to watch the game. Have John West ever increased their tuna prices by a similar percentage in one fell swoop? It's a disgrace and I'm sure lots of people at the club know it.

Edited by rickygoo

Its just idiotic. Its pissed off the fanbase before the season is even going, and it won't lead to an increase in revenue. Less will go, and those who do go will spend less outside of their ticket costs. Atmosphere will suffer, and if the season goes badly it could get ugly.

I'd be surprised if we average 20k based on these ticket prices. 

A 40% price increase.

All those in favour would be going spare if this was a phone or utility bill.

Of course with those you'd sack em off and seek a new provider.

Doesn't work like that with football clubs though.

In saying that, according to a few on here, we are just customers anyway.

Its just idiotic. Its pissed off the fanbase before the season is even going, and it won't lead to an increase in revenue. Less will go, and those who do go will spend less outside of their ticket costs. Atmosphere will suffer, and if the season goes badly it could get ugly.

I'd be surprised if we average 20k based on these ticket prices.

False economy springs to mind.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Nobody can be in favour but for the 892995 time WHO KNOWS WHAT CATEGORY OTHER GAMES WILL BE

If games are about £30 ish don't know what category then people can't complain

Nobody can be in favour but for the 892995 time WHO KNOWS WHAT CATEGORY OTHER GAMES WILL BE

They have got it badly wrong for the first game of the season though and already alienated hundreds, if not thousands of fans, not the way to start the season. 

Edited by Think tank

well the club can hurry up and put our minds at rest then, cant they.

They will, but not until it's clear this has fallen flat on it's 'arris.

you're right it may take  a collective stay at home to give them a wake up slap.  unless there's a change of tack and quick they will have to change it a couple of matches in  tbh cant apply any logic to this strategy at all   said before get the place rocking with league average prices was the way to go