Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

People are moaning, and most have every right to moan.

But one of the last games on offer last season was Fulham at home. Kids for a quid.

We brought in a measly 22k that game. So it's testicles that if you price tickets right 'the working class of Sheffield will go regardless'. A lot of people getting all uppity about not being able to have a family day out with the kids now...where were you when tickets were cheap. Bar the Reading game (and that's only because we'd had a good start) offers for games rarely inspire people to go. Big games inspire people to go. They find the money somehow...

Mansfield tickets in the cup are £12 adults and £6 concessions. I'm expecting a sell out now a lot of people are saying they want 'cheap tickets' and that 'it's not about the football on show...I love my club....I don't pay to watch the other team'.

Completely take on board what you're saying and I want to come back to this after making my own point.

I really think DC's team haven't understood the demographics of our supporters. Ticket revenues won't be much better than flat over the season with the number of walk-up fans that will be turned away under this new structure. I appreciate the categories haven't been announced yet, but there's no way the majority of games will category F-G, or why would you scare the fans with announcing the other high prices.

Re your point Flying and tying this more into the Reading game observation, if you increased the ticket prices by say £2 everywhere, I don't think you'd scare people off. IF we get off to a decent start and the football is entertaining, I genuinely think you could add 2,000 onto the average gate. Add together those two factors and you have circa £70,000 more match day revenue, or £1.6m over a season.

DC can't expect to do better than that and the atmosphere through more fans attending is a factor in helping the team. The only way DC makes a profit from Hillsborough is if we get into the Premier League, simple as. Charging £11 more per person just leaves fans resentful and unappreciated, with little financial gain from implementing this.

Guest The Horse

Can only truly comment from my own set of circumstances.

As Bristol City is the curtain raiser and is classed as Category B, I think it's fair to say the majority of games will only go as high as Category C.

On the south stand, that's an increase of £14 per game on last year (£9 if you buy the membership card).

An extra £28 per month or £18 with the card.

For me personally, I think an extra £30 / £20 per month commitment from myself is justifiable and reasonable to back up the improvements / new direction.

But that's just me.

Its all a bit of a mess.

Does an over 65 [concession] also get £5 off the cat C price on the north if he is an adult member?

£29 - £5 = £24.

For me as an adult not in the army, for a cat C game on the north, my 13 year old and 10 year old as members, it will cost £60.

They need to bring in an attractive family or group membership package or we should adopt the Dingle approach and have our kids at 14...

Thought people were getting too giddy when we got took over and thinking we had hit the jackpot.

I was not against the takeover far from up but thought people should take they time before making a judgement.

Up to know been a bit disappointed. Dithered over sacking Gray and appointing new coach. Haggled it seemed over Mark Cooper for weeks. New signings seem not much better then if MM would have been in charge and now eye watering price hikes.

So far a thumbs down fom me for DC.

Part timer tax

larger part of the support tax...

but he's just altered the larger part, to the smaller part...

think of the atmosphere next year IF' he's winning...

empty away end, and hillsborough above half empty...

and that's IF he's winning...

woe betide him a dodgy start...

I'm not justifying these prices. The prices are ridiculous.

But I also understand them.

It's a shame for those who genuinely can't afford it. 

But football needs to change. Wednesday can keep tickets low, we can keep them the lowest in the league. But that won't change things for football in general and we'll be the ones left behind watching dead end football.

It's catch 22.

18,000 @ £35 (average, including ALL season ticket offers) ???

or 

28,000 @ £27 (including a much larger walk up) ???

NO FACKIN' COMPARISON...

Thought people were getting too giddy when we got took over and thinking we had hit the jackpot.

I was not against the takeover far from up but thought people should take they time before making a judgement.

Up to know been a bit disappointed. Dithered over sacking Gray and appointing new coach. Haggled it seemed over Mark Cooper for weeks. New signings seem not much better then if MM would have been in charge and now eye watering price hikes.

So far a thumbs down fom me for DC.

the standard of what's been fetched in, for what's been added on the price, i think the marquee forwards will need to include wickham and rhodes...

and i'll go to away games instead...

Just thought. Did the club and Milan keep talking about the club running at a minus debt figure? Was never sure why this was?

Wondering if these losses have been built into the price hike? Losses I cannot imagine for a big club. Am I correct? How would these losses fit with the regime as of now?

Guest hammy1959

Don't blame the chairman he could charge 100 quid a match sell our best players and we as always would do nowt about it

Guest hammy1959

Strongly disagree mate. Chansiri may well own OUR club, but of course we can stop this kind of thing happening. The problem facing all football fans is that we don't take collective action empty stadiums WILL force change. UTO

There's no excuse for both the matchday and season ticket prices. Just blatantly exploiting the loyalty of fans. Makes me sick.

We had offers last season and still couldn't get the crowds we used to get. DC knows this. He knows the demand isn't there so he's squeezing every penny he possibly can out of the loyal core support of 16 to 20k. The same core support that has stuck by the club through some horrendous times, are now having their pockets emptied as a thank you.

I really hope the first match of the season get an attendance of less then 20,000.

We can moan and sign all the petitions you want but if people will pay these silly prices then the club will charge them.

That's it. There's money to be made wherever there's demand. Chelsea and Arsenal can get away with charging what they want because there's huge demand for tickets. There's nothing like that demand at Hillsborough. There's a core fanbase of 16 to 20k who will probably pay whatever the owner wants. The rest won't pay it. 16/17k average this season I reckon.

Those with season tickets aren't affected by the prices announced, so it largely only affects those who pick and choose their games which is a minority, or those who decide to attend if we're doing well (fair weather fans).

We only play 2 or 3 home games every month and it seems the average price on the KOP has gone up from around £25 to an average of £35; in other words by £10 a game. So that's an increase of £20 or £30 a month. With 2 home matches in a month, you will now pay £70 instead of £50 and with 3 home matches you will now pay £105 instead of £75.

And if you only go to say half the home games in a season, you can half the impact of those increases a month to £10 and £15 respectively. If you go to more games than that you should get a season ticket for the best value.

How much is a decent meal out or a night out on the town? How much have fags and booze gone up over the last few years?

So, really the quibble is about having to pay an extra £10 to £30 a month to see the club we all love at a time when we're bringing in better players and improving our facilities? Seriously?

I love these types of posts.

How many people go alone? I don't, and I'll tell you now - if I asked my missus if she fancied the bristol game for £70, she would ask whether we could use that money better. And I'd have to agree.

My brother has 4 kids - he normally brings two along, at least, and depending on numbers we'll take it in turns to buy.

I did the math with him last night. To take two of his kids to bristol game, it was working out around £80 a game. Not including fuel, food and anything else. If he took the four kids and his wife it was terrible numbers.

That's not just him out, but his kids. The next generation of fans.

At best, he might come for kids for a quid, if they are run next season.

So tell me again how it's just a couple of pints and a programs difference?

That's it. There's money to be made wherever there's demand. Chelsea and Arsenal can get away with charging what they want because there's huge demand for tickets. There's nothing like that demand at Hillsborough. There's a core fanbase of 16 to 20k who will probably pay whatever the owner wants. The rest won't pay it. 16/17k average this season I reckon.

Which price category do you think will be the norm next season?

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine most games will be lower category's, say D/E, but we shall see.

Based on what?

The only fact we have is that Bristol City will be £39 minimum.

Given that, I'd expect the average to be about £36 for the cheapest ticket.