Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

I agree that it should have been a cheap match to get people hooked again, but.... people would then be moaning that they have been conned the other way. Lose-lose situation for the club.

Know its only the cup but the midweek game for 12 quid will show really how many people can be bothered, even if they cant afford the full price matches

I'll be going to the Mansfield game as its a bearable price. Think we'll find a lot more fans than would be expected do, as it will be their first chance to get a look at the new team.

Potentially 20,000 missing out on what promises to be one of our best seasons for decades is a massive shame.

Its not as if we face a potential sell out in the league until later in the season.

Being given a voucher at the turnstile or in the ground for a free drink and a pie / hotdog would go some way to improving the value.

I go to City once/twice a season and the cheap seats when I went last season v WBA were £45.

Now I not comparing Wednesdayto City but who'd have thought City would sell out a stadium when the cheapest seats were £45.

Not many of the fans around me appeared particular well off. If the team is winning and challenging then the attendances will stand up.

I hope there are lots of high priced category games early, so the club realises how much of an affect the prices are having on attendances and admits the cockup and makes a change. Hopefully it is done early.

Or better yet a boycott really should be organised. I wont be going vs Bristol as im sure thousands of walk up fans now wont. If we can plan a mass boycott even from ST holders that would be the best way to send a message out right away, really needs to be done.

This news has totally deflated my summer which was looking very exciting before this. Now not sure how many games I'll be able to afford to go to next season, not too many going by those prices which makes me feel sick.

There's no need to organise a boycott.  The prices will ensure the crowd is poor.  

There's some way to go yet D before the team start to convince folk they are the real deal and contenders.

if we are then fine but a full ground could help them get there quicker..

Now we've had a few days to get over the initial shock of these seemingly ludicrous POTD prices

perhaps it's time to step back and calm down a little.

Lets wait and see what categories are allocated to the next 5 or 6 games after the opening day.

This will give us some idea of the true cost of POTD over the full season.

Who knows, maybe things will not be as bad as we fear.

On the other hand if our fears prove to be well founded then that is the time for real and properly

organised protests, petitions and boycotts etc. to be organised.

Now we've had a few days to get over the initial shock of these seemingly ludicrous POTD prices

perhaps it's time to step back and calm down a little.

Lets wait and see what categories are allocated to the next 5 or 6 games after the opening day.

This will give us some idea of the true cost of POTD over the full season.

Who knows, maybe things will not be as bad as we fear.

On the other hand if our fears prove to be well founded then that is the time for real and properly

organised protests, petitions and boycotts etc. to be organised.

There's no need to organise a boycott.  The prices will ensure the crowd is poor.  

So why do you think they waited to announce Reading prices?

Because thats how they wanted to go about it. Knew that they would be lower people just want to moan its sad . 750 people signing a petition would not have done a thing to change their minds

Because thats how they wanted to go about it. Knew that they would be lower people just want to moan its sad . 750 people signing a petition would not have done a thing to change their minds

And why do you think the Reading price for kids doesn't fit any categories?

And why do you think the Reading price for kids doesn't fit any categories?

Because the regulations allow for a small number (4?) of price promotions outside the clubs published ticket price.

That's why this fixture last season was £10/£5

Guest Grandad

5 years ago today - and the crap hit the fan

After last night's game we've now scored 4 goals at Hillsborough in the whole of 2020

So glad we raised our prices to deliver the success we are all desperate for

🙄