Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

They dont need to do anything they dont want but yea they would get more for bristol ifthey were cat D but what about after that? 2nd home game would still drop by 4k no matter what

Its only ever first and last home game the part timers go to usually

Guest Big Hoot

You can price the tickets right, but you still need to have something worth watching on the pitch.....

Last season we had nothing to play for, May needed a SAT NAV to find the net and you couldn't even watch the grass grow because there was that much sand.....

If the ticket price hike had come straight after a season where we had at least challenged for promotion then it may have been an easier pill to swallow, but there is still no guarantee that the new signings are all going to gel and a Top 6 finnish is beyond doubt....

The new ticket prices mean I can now afford SKY because I wont be going to as many games....

Regardless of what people think of the prices, a lot of fans have now been priced out.

Attendances will drop sharply.

Can you imagine Brighton at home on a Tuesday night if we are both mid table and ticket price is £30+

be lucky to get 15k there!

What if it's cat G?  Which I think a midweek fixture against unfashionable opponents will be.  

The majority of games will be cats D to F.   Anything else just doesn't make sense.  

If the first game had been cat D, we wouldn't have seen this reaction.  

The club have dropped a major boo boo with this.  

People will see the cost of the first game and think this will be the norm.

Once people stop going, it's hard to get them back.

If you think a person decides their football team on ticket price your very much wrong my friend. No one is going to watch the piggies just cos its cheaper!!

Question, Would we be happy with these prices if we were in the Prem league?

No...they just won't go to the football instead.

I'd be just as unimpressed with these prices for Premier League football as it would be even more unnecessary when you consider the revenue streams at that level.

What if it's cat G?  Which I think a midweek fixture against unfashionable opponents will be.  

The majority of games will be cats D to F.   Anything else just doesn't make sense.  

are theses league games?

or is G cup games?

No...they just won't go to the football instead.

I'd be just as unimpressed with these prices for Premier League football as it would be even more unnecessary when you consider the revenue streams at that level.

Students with no ties to the city etc may well go and watch United if they are a lot cheaper.

I have to agree, if the first game was category D, then the reaction would not have been the same.

Everyone looks forward to the first game of the season, could have been a massive crowd, now there is no chance and it has priced people out of going which is a real shame.

I work every other weekend and so a season ticket isn't good value. I could afford the new match day prices - that's not the problem. I'm simply not prepared to do so.

I suspect there are thousands like me who don't get season tickets because of work and for whom football is a lesser priority. If the club wants to *punish* me then so be it. The club will just alienate a lot of casual fans.

Not fully understanding this 'working men being priced out' - as if those who can afford it are loaded?

I consider myself and my family to be working class. I'm at uni, my parents work in a factory and a call centre & have my 12 year old brother to pay for.

Some people are worse off, I get that.

But don't divide fans into class systems just because you can't afford it.

No Cpt_Hatstand, I pay for my own ST.

Or, your student loan pays for it... Wait till you're in the real world with all the extra financial pressures that come with it and a season ticket that will most likely be 3x what you're paying now.

Enjoy the empty stadium this year...

I haven't read through this thread, so apologies if my points have already been made.

Carlos has mentioned numerous times that they want to fill Hillsborough. These prices run counter to that; which suggests to me that we must have big signings in the pipeline to make people want to pay those prices.

The prices don't affect me, I can only get to a couple of games a season - so will just pay what I have to.

Edited by fife_owl

Im telling you now it wont be cat b every game BUT if it is people will still go, following your club is an addiction men make sure they go on holidays through the preseason some even go on holiday to were ever the club is touring

Its the initial reaction from fans thats all they will be looking at how they will finance going and still end up watching us.

Obviously some wont go but wont be a massive amount

you can't possibly know that...

everybody, and everything has it's worth...

some have paid good money over the years to watch shyte...

and i fully expected a decent price hike, BUT THIS???

each and every individual will have to deeply search to see IF he can afford it, THEN if he's willing to pay it...

people who went (say) 50% of the games may now half that...

it will likely end up with people 'cherry picking' their games...

and someone who used to watch 15/18 games per season, might now fall to 5/6, from where i'm sat that looks a good way to disenfranchise fans in the long term...

it'll solve the parking problem though...