Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

you're right it may take  a collective stay at home to give them a wake up slap.  unless there's a change of tack and quick they will have to change it a couple of matches in  tbh cant apply any logic to this strategy at all   said before get the place rocking with league average prices was the way to go 

When cat D becomes the top price, people will think they're getting a bargain. 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I agree not a great way to do it but radio Sheff said top cstogories not likely to be used anyway

When cat D becomes the top price, people will think they're getting a bargain. 

This is what I'm hoping against hope for. If the majority of games are cat D with some of the less attractive midweek league games below even that, then I have 0 complaints about matchday prices.

But if we're seeing that over the course of the season we get a mean average of the available categories, fans are being ripped off.

I agree not a great way to do it but radio Sheff said top cstogories not likely to be used anyway

The club really need to release a statement of some kind, no acknowledgement of the outrage or explanation of categories is making the situation worse.

No way Bristol C game should be category B though!

Who would prefer last seasons prices and last seasons squad then?

You see, this is an approach that I keep seeing. Problem is it doesn't make economic sense - these increased prices only increase the budget if people actually go. £40+ for a game of Championship football? Not on your nelly, especially once you factor in other costs. For me coming up from London it'd be £100 for a day out with no guarantee of any actual enjoyment - its not like we're signing megastars, as promising as some of these signings may be.

Will Kirby has nailed this.

Such a price hike could end up harming the club financially if people stop going.

We've jumped the gun here.

None of us can also sit here and just assume that the team will do that well.

Remember that the manager and most of the players have zero Championship experience.

Edited by SiJ

everyones going to have to accept that if you want to watch a good side then we're all going to have to pay for it

I got mine for £500 on the kop and if we're going to get some entertainment next season I'll be delighted after last seasons turgid home form

Off course it should. DC is a business man what better way of maximising revenue than on the opening day when everyone is keen to see a new team, a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a new style of play.

It's called common sense. The blokes a business man not a die hard fan like us

Have you seen the amount of people saying they won't be going because of the prices?

It is just plain wrong.

What do you mean the moaning two hats in here who probably didn't pay £30 last season so makes little difference to them. Half the fan base dream on

Transfer window hasn't closed yet. Let's have this discussion on 7th August

Do you not think people who don't use Owlstalk aren't also outraged? How many people I know that have now said they can't afford to go is worrying. The same applies to thousands of others and if you don't think that's accurate, let's look at the attendances this season.

Who would prefer last seasons prices and last seasons squad then?

Here you are again with your silly question.

The answer is NO!

But that's not the point.

But we just want a fair balance.

Just because we're complaining of the new prices, it doesn't mean we want to watch last years squad.

Why do you keep missing the point?

Again, it's not the increase that has caused the uproar, it's the AMOUNT that it's been increased by.

Edited by Robdylan

everyones going to have to accept that if you want to watch a good side then we're all going to have to pay for it

I got mine for £500 on the kop and if we're going to get some entertainment next season I'll be delighted after last seasons turgid home form

He's charging more than half the teams in the premier division.

He's charging more than half the teams in the premier division.

Exactly.

If you're fortunate enough to have a season ticket, it's easy to say that people will have to put up with it.

But would he be happy if he had to pay £39 or more to see the Bristol game?

This is not your council tax or your mortgage you don't have to pay it.

Id rather pay the extra and go to a game less than sit through the drivel of last season.

We scored 16 goals at home last season so was £30 acceptable for that then?

For which category games are you talking about?

Most of them. where a mid table championship side as we stand.

Edited by coreyswfc

You know the increase for one game that's it. If he charges Cat B for every game I'm right with you.

Reality is he won't that's why it goes A-G

But you don't know what he's going to charge.

I think it's fair to assume that a game against Leeds will be category A. Which would mean over £40 just on the Kop.

Guest mkowl

I wonder how Mr Chansiri feels about alienating more than half of the fan base and stopping them from attending next season.

If he's alienating that part of the fanbase that have been selective in their match choice historically and will only attend 3 matches a season whatever, then in all honesty not sure he will be that bothered.