Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

Guest mkowl

Be interesting how far in advance the categorisation of each match arises and when availability of home tickets happens

I would have thought the purpose is to keep it open for as long as possible if they can so the category will be based on our league position, tv schedule and opposition.

I don't really get the logic with categorising games as everyone is a much of a muchness in our league

I certainly don't get more excited at the thought of playing derby or forest than I do of playing Preston or mk Dons

Edited by Stoop kid

And was it  Bez?.."footballs not a right ..its a luxury"....

I'm afraid Bez that a fair few football fans take it as a right to be able to afford to watch their team...Its not denegrating your argument, ..I see where you are coming from...but thousands are gonna give it a miss...as a luxury..cos a luxury is summatt you can well do without....

Wednesdays pricing policy , is a luxury...but I think you'll find a fair few that can give it a miss..and will..then their kids will give it a miss..then their kids kids will give it a miss....Folk prattling on about .."This is the price you pay for the Prem"?..Ok give us the f.ookin' Prem then..and we will pay it....

What we got at the minute....a middling Championship team that maybe holds its own?

Other clubs fans now have us in the same grasping category as Leeds, man City Chelsea...Its as though they think we have sold our souls...and theres f.ook all we can do about it..away fans can't afford it..Home fans can't ante up..and what happens...We slate each other as the bloody ludicrous fookwhittery that is todays football..divides and conquers and rolls on.

Daz?..espousin' paying up...You still in the USA Daz..or have you anted up for a season ticket?...

I maintain watching Wednesday should be a right...its tribal..it always has been..its an institution..Now I see fans going the same way as such as Chansiri..business driven drivel..the passion is going...because the fans that drive the passion, no longer hold the sway...

Ive paid me money...I'm not gonna prattle on about "Phew I got it in phase 1"..and folk who have been saying the majority of fans who paid in phase 1 are the ones that speculate to give the club the cash up front are way off the mark...The majority of fans who anted up for phase 1 are fans, like meself who know they are gonna trot up anyhow..not because of the signings..but in spite of 'em......Some posters on here are so far offa the f.ookin' mark..its laughable

Guest mkowl

Lot of debate but maths time

If we had say an average 2-3000 walk up over the 23 games last season that was give or take a few 75000 on the day punters. Exclude away fans

The reckoning is once you take offers, kid prices into the equation - take off the VAT the average paid was 10 quid

So £750k in revenue

Bump that average price to £25 and you could lose 45000 fans over the season and still generate £750k

Only lose 25000 fans and you suddenly have £0.5m extra income

Its a gamble but turn that around with a successful season you could end up with £1m extra.

You only lose if more than 60% of the walk up disappear

Guest mkowl

Fair point Asteener - the fact it is tribal and the choice is basically your team or no team then every club has a local monopoly

I ain't going to Utd ever

I ain't going to MK Dons even though i would save 700 quid on fuel

That loyalty can be exploited but i would say for the last 15 years its been those at the top peddling crap and getting away with it

Guest mkowl

That's not a real question is it?

Jeez missed that in the ether

At last count there had been an issue of £22m share capital into the club. A chunk to pay off the old loans and intercompany debt but let me put a stab at 7m to date on the pitch, general cashflow etc with a load more to come.

To stand still MM or others were putting 3m in a season. That is how much ticket prices were subsidised

I think everyone expected a price increase, and rightly so given the money currently being invested in the team/pitch etc.

But the jump in cost is an absolute wee wee take, if prices had been announced as £30 on the Kop and £35 on the side stands I doubt many people would have batted an eyelid.

Making the first game a Category B is a massive own goal, I work with quite a lot of lads who are casual fans, to a man they've all said they'll give it a miss due to the cost.

Id rather pay the extra and go to a game less than sit through the drivel of last season.

I think you've inadvertently started arguing my point for me. The only sensible justification for these price rises is to increase revenue. But I'm pretty sure this will not have that effect, and your comment is one of the reasons why.

Less people will attend in general. Those who do attend casually will attend less. Other revenue streams will suffer as a result.

I could get behind sensible price increases with a clear structure and logic set out, but this is not that.

Lot of debate but maths time

If we had say an average 2-3000 walk up over the 23 games last season that was give or take a few 75000 on the day punters. Exclude away fans

The reckoning is once you take offers, kid prices into the equation - take off the VAT the average paid was 10 quid

So £750k in revenue

Bump that average price to £25 and you could lose 45000 fans over the season and still generate £750k

Only lose 25000 fans and you suddenly have £0.5m extra income

Its a gamble but turn that around with a successful season you could end up with £1m extra.

You only lose if more than 60% of the walk up disappear

Calling bs on the average £10 walk up entrance last year, even with offers...

Was going to start taking the kids this season.......

looks like if i want them to like football it will be elsewhere because will i fucko be paying those prices to sit in old wanky seats with wee wee poor football in a wee wee poor league.

Never thought i would say this but until this changes massively i will not step foot in the ground again

Guest mkowl

Calling bs on the average £10 walk up entrance last year, even with offers...

The average revenue per fan in 2014 the last accounts we have was about 11 quid

Jeez missed that in the ether

At last count there had been an issue of £22m share capital into the club. A chunk to pay off the old loans and intercompany debt but let me put a stab at 7m to date on the pitch, general cashflow etc with a load more to come.

To stand still MM or others were putting 3m in a season. That is how much ticket prices were subsidised

It's pretty fightening when you think about it....

I know people like to have a full matchday experience as I used to do.

But when my income reduced it was hard to justify so something had to go.

Perhaps now the price of tickets has gone up and people are struggling my approach may be worth considering.

I have stopped drinking before matches saving me at least £10 (still have a drink after). Also no going to the catering as I take a sarnie or similar. If you do this you could save £15/20 and hopefully this year we won't need to be numb with drink to watch.

I know this won't help families who have my sympathy. 

Not trying to preach to anyone but it works for me and my mates.

Guest mkowl

I know people like to have a full matchday experience as I used to do.

But when my income reduced it was hard to justify so something had to go.

Perhaps now the price of tickets has gone up and people are struggling my approach may be worth considering.

I have stopped drinking before matches saving me at least £10 (still have a drink after). Also no going to the catering as I take a sarnie or similar. If you do this you could save £15/20 and hopefully this year we won't need to be numb with drink to watch.

I know this won't help families who have my sympathy.

Not trying to preach to anyone but it works for me and my mates.

I can happily go to a game and not spend anything