Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

I'll still go to my 5 or 6 home games and as many away games as I can

So the club will definitely make more money out of me this season

I honestly don't think matches will be much more expensive anyway because they'll be category D, E, F mostly so everybody might be getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

We're heading into the best spell of being an owl for years and people are suicidal

Lighten up and enjoy the ride FFS

Guest Kameron

Eat at home, buy 4 cans £3.99 drink on the way their, £5 petrol money with a group of 4 not including driver. £39 ticket total £48 pound for opening game for me.

500 quid fine for drink driving will make it £548 for you opening game.

Why would i pay 5 quid petrol money if i was the driver lol.No take off the 3.99 and petrol money if i drive as my car will be fill for work anyway just add 20 to it to get to sheff and back from the passengers so cost me ticket money thats it

Edited by stocksyuto

Lot of debate but maths time

If we had say an average 2-3000 walk up over the 23 games last season that was give or take a few 75000 on the day punters. Exclude away fans

The reckoning is once you take offers, kid prices into the equation - take off the VAT the average paid was 10 quid

So £750k in revenue

Bump that average price to £25 and you could lose 45000 fans over the season and still generate £750k

Only lose 25000 fans and you suddenly have £0.5m extra income

Its a gamble but turn that around with a successful season you could end up with £1m extra.

You only lose if more than 60% of the walk up disappear

Supporting Wednesday isn't about money or maths.

Was going to start taking the kids this season.......

looks like if i want them to like football it will be elsewhere because will i fucko be paying those prices to sit in old wanky seats with wee wee poor football in a wee wee poor league.

Never thought i would say this but until this changes massively i will not step foot in the ground again

A mate of mine takes his 9 year old to Old Trafford when he gets chance. £45 for them both. £10 petrol.

Now I'm not suggesting changing allegiances but can you see the choices for somebody such as a student who like many stay on in Sheffield, start a family etc.

Daz?..espousin' paying up...You still in the USA Daz..or have you anted up for a season ticket?...

Yes, still in US and my visa means I can't leave the US without losing my visa status,

Bought both my London based lads memberships so they can benefit from a fiver discount a match to make the increases easier to manage. Given they are now mid 20's its about time we had a decent team for them to see and they will pick and choose the games they can afford to get to. The fiver discount will take the average match price for them down from 35 quid to 30. They were paying 27 quid last season, so it's not much of an increase from 27 to 30 to see what is shaping up to be the best team we've had for a long time. Worth 3 quid a match extra? They think so and both are excited about the season ahead.

After thinking it through I'm not so outraged. Yes, they are expensive, but not extortionate providing most of the games are C D E and F. I know we don't know how they will categorise them yet, but I'll have a guess. 

Category A*: There won't be any A* unless we draw Sheff Utd or Man Utd / Liverpool etc in the cup. No big deal as it probably won't happen

Category A: Leeds or any big cup games / end of season deciders. If it's an end of season decider, as Wycombe was, people will go, even at A* prices.  

Category B: Bristol City, Derby, Forest, Hull, Wolves, M'Boro and Cardiff, also perhaps Birmingham on Boxing Day. Some potentially good games in there which is a shame, but if it's down to money it probably won't be worth attending most of them except the traditional first, Boxing Day and last. 

Category C: Rotherham, Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn, Huddersfield. Still slightly expensive to watch bang average sides like these. This is where you can pick and choose and possibly choose 0. 

Category D: Preston, Ipswich, QPR. Similar prices to last season which is fine. 

Category E: Brighton, Charlton, Fulham. No issues paying Â£25 to watch Wednesday. 

Category F: Brentford, Reading, MK Dons. These games will attract  high match day buyers I reckon. At the end of the day I don't really care if we're playing Brentford or Forest. I also think as a sweetener they will put Reading in this category as it's the second home game and midweek. 

Category G: Whichever games are selected for the yearly offers which I believe can be a maximum of two. 

So if you get a membership and decide to sit on The Kop (yeah, I know it's crap) you'll be paying between Â£20 and Â£31 for most of the games. Now let's be honest, that is basically the same as previous season's and it certainly is not too bad for a side who will hopefully be aiming for the playoffs.

I'll be back home in Sheffield in September and I'll make it to as many as I can. If we're doing well come Xmas, then I'm definitely getting a half - season ticket. 

Very optimistic categorizing Orlando. Personally I think most will be A-C, with maybe two or three (and low tie cup games) being under C.

I can't see them doing that, and if they do then they deserve a lot of f*****g criticism and we really will be pulling in about 16k a week. 

These boys have done the maths. I think these prices have been put in place to allow for price increases / decreases throughout the season depending on the importance of the games. Why not charge more money if we draw Chelsea in the cup, or if Cardiff is a playoff decider in April, if it's not then no issues. 

Overall people will be paying more, that's fair, but it's not going to be vastly more for your average game I reckon. 

Or, maybe I'm being optimistic.