Stevie May

Cant see him going anywere to we appoint a manager and he's had time to look at him this pre-season has been a total farce

well if the rumours are true there is no manager, CC would surely have the say and hes supposedly already in place along with roeder

The way I look at it, I've always felt we needed another two or three strikers. That wasn't really possible with four already on the books, so it makes sense to clear a couple out. Now comes the difficult part, we've cleared the players out, and now we need to bring better in, and we've surely made it harder for ourselves by giving ourselves so much to do, and in a short space of time. It's still doable, but we need to start finalising some of these deals.

I love his hair!.......So braveheart!

Guess we'll just have to differ on this one then

Guest Fedor

Nuhiu, yes.

Bus and Lavery for me are both better prospects than May.

How anyone can say get rid of Bus is beyond me as none of us have seen enough of him to pass judgement.

But you've seen enough of Bus to say he's a better prospect than May.

Silly boy.

But you've seen enough of Bus to say he's a better prospect than May.

Silly boy.

Considering he was signed in January and has only made two starts for us i'd much rather not get rid of him now thanks.

Having seen May over a season out of those 3 he can be the one to make way.

Ha ha, you are right. May is a quality player, he will take some replacing.

Didn't say that either! but to say he is no better than Scottish second div standard is a tad silly don't you think?

Guest Fedor

Considering he was signed in January and has only made two starts for us i'd much rather not get rid of him now thanks.

Having seen May over a season out of those 3 he can be the one to make way.

Nuhiu, yes.

Bus and Lavery for me are both better prospects than May.

How anyone can say get rid of Bus is beyond me as none of us have seen enough of him to pass judgement.

Another season in Scotland will be of no benefit!...he has proved he can do it there!.......Im convinced there is a good player in him and i think he needs to stay here and fight for his place!

Another season in Scotland will be of no benefit!...he has proved he can do it there!.......Im convinced there is a good player in him and i think he needs to stay here and fight for his place!

The benefit is, that it potentially allows us to bring in a better striker

It all got a bit muddled with May didn't it?....I must admit I ended up unsure...

Arguments went to and fro about him running down blind alleys all the time, the counter argument was....thats where the f.ookin' ball was played to him half the time.and to be fair to the lad...The service at times was abysmal, only when McGugan came did crosses look like crosses, through balls like through balls..the rest of it was a sorta reckless ad hoc service to most of our front men.

I'd hope he gave it another season, if only for the fact he could f.ook off somewhere and start firing..then we look like idiots

It all got a bit muddled with May didn't it?....I must admit I ended up unsure...

Arguments went to and fro about him running down blind alleys all the time, the counter argument was....thats where the f.ookin' ball was played to him half the time.and to be fair to the lad...The service at times was abysmal, only when McGugan came did crosses look like crosses, through balls like through balls..the rest of it was a sorta reckless ad hoc service to most of our front men.

I'd hope he gave it another season, if only for the fact he could f.ook off somewhere and start firing..then we look like idiots

Very true. We was that poor going forward last season Messi would have struggled in our squad.

Do people not want us to progress?

Why do we want to take a gamble on May coming good when we could replace him with someone who has already come good? 

I think we have to assume at this stage that we will be signing at least two new strikers who would likely be favourites to start the season together, leaving Nuhiu, Bus, May, Lavery and perhaps even Maguire fighting for a couple of places on the bench.

Even if he does "come good" after leaving us, I don't think we should be critical of the club for trying to reorganise our quite obviously failing strike-force from last season.

A lot of his work was defending from the front. He isn't quick but I think he'd score more if he could remain central. He does need to improve his shooting technique though too as he lacks a bit of power.

I'd like to give him another season but if we bring in 2 new strikers he'd probably struggle to get a game

Guest ben29

Can't see much logic in sending him the the Scottish division two.

The season before last he scored 30+ goals in the league above that one. Just seems a backward step. Should send him to another championship club or top league one team imo.

Maybe the potential 700k deal at the end of the season was bait. Which I would take btw.