Goodbye Mr Gray?

Why do so many posters not understand the managerial structure that has been put in place?

Is this the real Owlstalk or the kindergarten version?

And now for a short message for the hard of hearing/understanding,

STUART GRAY IS ALREADY A COACH. HE IS NOT OUR MANAGER, HE IS THE HEAD COACH AND PART OF A MANAGEMENT TEAM. HE IS IN CHARGE OF TEAM/PLAYER MATTERS. THE OTHERS SCOUT, WRITE CONTRACTS, PROVIDE CONTACTS, LISTS OF POSSIBLE TARGETS AND SO ON. READ THE ARTICLES IN THE NEWS, THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM.

WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT HAVE A MANAGER IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

If you got your mums to write these posts, please ask them to read the various news stories about our new management structure and play you a couple of the Audioboom interviews.

Who is our manager then ?   lol

what's the point in this committee we've set up if we're replacing the head coach

I think he'll stay for the time being, but don't forget he's only got a year left on his contract as well 

maybe SG hasnt impressed DC or GR?

So what are you trying to say?

Sorry for shouting, but this is the third thread I've read already today that is absolute cobblers.

OK we might be taking on some new (possibly foreign) coaches, but if we are it would not necessarily require any of the other coaches to leave, least of all Stuart Gray.

If DC was going to gas him he would have done it by now, but Gray is still here because he knows what we have got and what we need, that knowledge is not the sole property of the Owlstalk football masterminds. I have seen more things from Gray to suggest that he could succeed, than fail next season and if he can get the best out of the small mixture of mismatched talent we had available last season, with the little support provided by our old regime, then what could he do with a team of well chosen players and the total support of the new owner? He brought in two of our best players last summer and with the help of others could well bring in more players in all areas of the squad with similar class this summer.

Change is not always for the best and too many teams like ours have spent too many years jumping from one new leader to another in the search for success. Maybe this concept of club management we have now could just work. Let's see, but I cannot think why DC should suddenly decide to do a U-turn before we have even signed our first player.

It's going to be a long summer.  

Sorry for shouting, but this is the third thread I've read already today that is absolute cobblers.

OK we might be taking on some new (possibly foreign) coaches, but if we are it would not necessarily require any of the other coaches to leave, least of all Stuart Gray.

If DC was going to gas him he would have done it by now, but Gray is still here because he knows what we have got and what we need, that knowledge is not the sole property of the Owlstalk football masterminds. I have seen more things from Gray to suggest that he could succeed, than fail next season and if he can get the best out of the small mixture of mismatched talent we had available last season, with the little support provided by our old regime, then what could he do with a team of well chosen players and the total support of the new owner? He brought in two of our best players last summer and with the help of others could well bring in more players in all areas of the squad with similar class this summer.

Change is not always for the best and too many teams like ours have spent too many years jumping from one new leader to another in the search for success. Maybe this concept of club management we have now could just work. Let's see, but I cannot think why DC should suddenly decide to do a U-turn before we have even signed our first player.

Fully agree ….. I have made numerous posts along the same line.

gotta give him chance surely

a full pre-season, financial backing & see how we are doing in the league come oct/nov time to see if we're gonna be up there or not

Guess DC has had 6 months (at least) watching SGs side, been pretty poor since Xmas tbf.

I would keep him but wouldnt be upset if he left either

A long hot one, hopefully, then I can watch some cricket

Just to put another angle on it and I'm not desperately pro or anti Gray.Perhaps he has seen and heard talk of some of the new bigger budget in the club and asked D.C. for an improved contract which has not gone down well at all.

Nothing to back it up it's just a whisper I heard at the weekend.

Just to put another angle on it and I'm not desperately pro or anti Gray.Perhaps he has seen and heard talk of some of the new bigger budget in the club and asked D.C. for an improved contract which has not gone down well at all.

Nothing to back it up it's just a whisper I heard at the weekend.

Or perhaps he's not happy with the "Management Committee" scenario in terms of his position & authority within it.

maybe SG hasnt impressed DC or GR?

What at Subbuteo?

DC has hardly seen any of our games and neither has GR. Although if either noticed the results our bunch got against teams with far more at stake, like Rotherham, Brentford, Norwich and Watford they will surely be wondering what we could do when we play with better quality midfield and attacking players in the team. The season was virtually over when DC came in, but he could have splashed the cash if he had wanted an opportunity to sack Gray. He could have given him a load of money to spend and told him to get us into the play offs or pick up your P45. Back in the sensible world though DC has taken his time. The takeover did not happen quickly enough for DC to come in and back Gray with hard cash and quality players and bad signings could have been made which would have robbed us of the kind of quality player that DC wants to bring in this summer.

You would not use personal shoppers to get a few cans of beans in from Poundland, would you? I think DC and his recruitment crew will have a few targets lined up and contracts ready to sign as we speak. In fact I reckon we have probably had the verbal on several. The thing with Buxton going and Semedo staying was leaked a month or two back by a member of staff who said that Semedo had already signed and that Buxton was going. Well Buxton has gone and Semedo is talking as though it is a done deal so DC wants things doing quickly and professionally. I am expecting at least half a dozen new faces going to Portugal with us and maybe a big signing or two before the summer is out. 

Last thing we need is big changes.

Reason why we did so well last year was because SG had the team spirit nailed and they were all playing for each other.

If we have a new manager and a load of new players then expectations will have to be adjusted as there will be a longer bedding in period.

Edited by tomhollywood

It's summer, it's Owlstalk, there must be a thread somewhere about getting rid of the manager.

If only I could find it.

I think that type of thread is a very entertaining way off keeping the kids entertained. 

We were one fantastic goalkeeper away from a relegation scrap.

And how many other teams in this league are one striker away from struggling etc?

Bit of a daft comment really, especially with Kirkland in reserve. I suppose man Utd wouldn't have got close to a title without Schmichael..

SG had a very limited budget, didn't spunk it all on two hopeless crock strikers, and still finished above both Fulham and Forrest who had transfer shuffle fests.

Edited by pussface