Goodbye Mr Gray?

The level of speculation and hearsay on here is truly outrageous at times……the rumour mill is in overdrive, I for one absolutely can’t wait for some “real” news!!!! 

I firmly believe Gray has earned his chance for next season and all things being equal he’ll get it. 

Would I be devastated if we replaced him with a big name manager with a proven track record, of course not. However, replacing him with someone who’s just a “big name” is a gamble we don’t need to take right now.  

@JMT_1991: @reluctantnicko any player related news regarding Swfc?

@reluctantnicko: @JMT_1991 Managerial side more important just now

@JMT_1991: @reluctantnicko in what sense? Gray not safe or management deciding on who and what to bring in?

@reluctantnicko: @JMT_1991 Hope there is a tale out in paper tomorrow that says a bit more

So what does it say in the paper this morning, anyone know?

Didn't Milan give Gray a 2 year contract ?

Not sure if that runs from Nov when I think hee took over or 1st Jan when I think he was officially given the role.

I could well be wrong about either of these dates but either way his contract could be due to run out around the middle of next season so there could be something to this...

I'd like to give him a chance but I'm not sure I'd want to give him a new contract untill I had and by then it could be too late to get the new guy.

Maybe this is what the reported internal discussions are about

It sounds like Petrescu is trying to link his name to some English jobs in order to raise his profile as a manager over here, and Alan Nixon is willing to help him as it counts as 'gossip', which is the currency he deals in.

If we really were considering Petrescu, who has suggested him? Chansiri has admitted he's no expert on football, so I doubt he's got a fondness for a 90's footballer who's been managing in Romania, Russia and Qatar in recent seasons. If not him, then maybe it was Roeder, who made all the right sounds about working alongside Gray and developing a good working relationship? Why would we risk everything Gray's built so far to take a chance on a manager who's never managed in England before?

I could be wrong, but it seems like another nothing Alan Nixon story to me. We'll wait and see, though; this could fall into the 15% or so he calls correctly.

It sounds like Petrescu is trying to link his name to some English jobs in order to raise his profile as a manager over here, and Alan Nixon is willing to help him as it counts as 'gossip', which is the currency he deals in.

If we really were considering Petrescu, who has suggested him? Chansiri has admitted he's no expert on football, so I doubt he's got a fondness for a 90's footballer who's been managing in Romania, Russia and Qatar in recent seasons. If not him, then maybe it was Roeder, who made all the right sounds about working alongside Gray and developing a good working relationship? Why would we risk everything Gray's built so far to take a chance on a manager who's never managed in England before?

I could be wrong, but it seems like another nothing Alan Nixon story to me. We'll wait and see, though; this could fall into the 15% or so he calls correctly.

You are probably right about Petrescu's agent trying to drum up interest. Just waiting for a tweet from Rob "the cold water" Staton to say there's no truth in it, then we can all move on

After being told to shut up yesterday, I'll just get on with my gardening.

Stay positive whatever. This season, we are in the best position for some time, to progress towards the Premiership.

That's the main thing.

UTO.

Sod the gardening, get yer Marley avatar found and put back where it belongs...

We've got a new season starting soon tha knows...

Nixon seems to have good contacts at forest and gets a lot of things right concerning them. He was talking of the Swfc move for Paterson in January.

But elsewhere maybe not so much at the moment. It sounds as if Petrescu has approached the media rather than the other way round