Goodbye Mr Gray?

My guess is that it sounds like it could be Michael Laudrup or Gianfranco Zola.

Both are well respected legendary European former players with the necessary contacts,

both are well known and both have been linked with lots of jobs over the years.

Neither of these are self publicity types

Guest Athelstan

Last summer under Gray we started well, but we needed to strengthen especially in the summer as well as around October when we needed to keep the momentum going which we didn;t do, we were still short on a couple of wingers and a striker.  

Give Gray the funds and backing this summer and see what he can do, surely he deserves that? 

Gray brought in the likes of Lees and Westwood which brought about one of the best defenses in the league.

I'm sure Gray's priority this time around will be attack, attacking midfielders, wingers and a couple of strikers.  Then we should be sorted.

We've had one of the best defences in the league, yet let three of the regular defence go (plus another who might have been a stalwart as well had injury not prevented it).  Don't people think that replacements will have been identified already?

Apparently the new owners don't know their arse from their elbow. Doesn't sound very assuring.

DC openly admitted he wasn't a football man.

Hence the committee.

Not sure why Nixon suddenly thinks he knows the ins and outs of what's going on at S6, Daily Mirror journalist ffs.

Hence the committee.

Not sure why Nixon suddenly thinks he knows the ins and outs of what's going on at S6, Daily Mirror journalist ffs.

Not many twitter accounts I rely on.

But trust me this guy is usually bang on the money time and time again.

Apparently the new owners don't know their arse from their elbow. Doesn't sound very assuring.

Is that really a surprise? 

That photo of him and his family (the one with the grumpy looking kid) didn't exactly scream of a bunch of people well versed in the ways of English football and Sheffield Wednesday. 

Unsurprisingly he's opted to bring in some people with a bit of "know how" to help him. 

We see this a lot of the time (Sheik Mansour at Man City has the old guys from Barca) and it encourages me that Mr C was smart enough to recognise his shortcomings and attempt to appoint people with a bit of know how. 

My only concern is that with a lack of knowledge comes the possibility that he might be taken in by people who purport to be better than they actually are or who are basically self-publicists looking to make a quick buck. 

Let's hope that isn't the case, though I hope that someone is brought in to replace Adam Pearson who I feel would have guarded against such things. 

Hence the committee.

Apparently no one has the foggiest, including the committee. They can't carry out their work if the owner's clueless.

What Nixon's said is a bit worrying - I don't normally fuss about stuff like this, but Nixon is pretty reliable.

He's basically saying that people need to talk to the owners to get the ball rolling but the owners don't see it as urgent.

So essentially there's no direction from the top and as a result the committee can't do anything...

Guest _Ibbo_

Paul Aldridge is still at the club.....

Changing things often takes time for it to settle down.....

No worries. Think the resignation of Pearson was a big blow tbh......

Paul Aldridge is still at the club.....

Changing things often takes time for it to settle down.....

No worries. Think the resignation of Pearson was a big blow tbh......

I thought his was a great appointment...

Shame it lasted all of three weeks. 

I've said this before, don't know if it's in this thread or another, it's laughable that people think chansiri knows nowt about football.

he moved quick enough to sort the ground and big screen and apparently the kit,so in my book he is doing ok at present

multi millionaire doesn't know what he's getting into or what he's bought according to loons on here.

He just woke up one morning and said to their lass, "I'm goin to buy our young un a football club".

Absolutely funking laughable