Rioch arena to close one stand.

''Coventry City are to close one of their stands at the Ricoh Arena next season in a bid to improve the atmosphere at home games.''

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32563206

I think a better idea if possible would be to close the upper tiers of all the stands thus condensing the atmosphere closer to the pitch, something we could try?

I see your point. But I much prefer to sit higher in a stand than at a low level, have you ever seen a directors box or other 'posh seats' low down in a stand there's a reason for that.

If we continue to make giant strides towards becoming a modern football club, hopefully we will start filling our stands. Things are moving on apace now, and the least we can do is back the new owners ambition. I've been so impressed with the speed in which things have been done, a real contrast to what went before. This guy seems like a doer

Ricohs been shut for years hasn't it?

Football fans including us are fickle, if we are winning Hillsboro will be rammed. If we are poor and only in mid table/relegation battle then season ticket prices will be blamed for the drop in attendances.

I can see sense in Coventry doing this. No point opening stands with the costs involved if only a few hundred people use it and can be accommodated elsewhere.

I guess Wednesday already do this for early rounds of the cups when attendances are low, but for league games I would say no.

"The League One club's record since returning to the 32,600 all-seater stadium in September has been poor, winning just five times in 21 games.

Ex-manager Steven Pressley and current boss Tony Mowbray pinpointed the lack of atmosphere as a telling factor."

How ridiculous could one statement be.

"The team lost 16games in a row - the crowd must be to blame!"

I think a better idea if possible would be to close the upper tiers of all the stands thus condensing the atmosphere closer to the pitch, something we could try?

Closer to the pitch you get, the worse the view

Also Helan might hear me slagging him off and come and kick me, so no