Rioch arena to close one stand.

First time I went to the Ricoh was when we got beat 4-1 when Chris Brunt and I think Wade Small were sent off in the first half. I was in the home end as I was with my Coventry supporting mate and her family, after the game her entire family were whining about the performance and the fans on their version of praise or grumble was the same.  

I couldn't believe it, they'd won 4-1 I should have been the one complaining. No wonder the atmosphere was so bad, they are more miserable than us lot!

The point about a successful team/club would result in filling the ground is an interesting one.

When the second round of season ticket prices were announced people were saying that it was simply too expensive and would result in lower attendances regardless of the quality of the team or the division we were in because people were "priced out".

People are now saying produce a quality team and attendances will increase.

It seems people just change their view on things to suit their opinion on a particular topic/thread.

The enigma that is owlstalk has been cracked!

Ricohs been shut for years hasn't it?

Football fans including us are fickle, if we are winning Hillsboro will be rammed. If we are poor and only in mid table/relegation battle then season ticket prices will be blamed for the drop in attendances.

Its a disgrace really. Its as if people want some sort of quality in return of their hard earned cash! 

''Coventry City are to close one of their stands at the Ricoh Arena next season in a bid to improve the atmosphere at home games.''

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32563206

I think a better idea if possible would be to close the upper tiers of all the stands thus condensing the atmosphere closer to the pitch, something we could try?

Seriously!!? :ghoulguy:

First time I went to Ricoh I was behind the goal.

Next time, they had moved the away fans to a corner so as to allow home fans to be behind both goals.

The effect was to spread out their meagre support (the opposite of what they are doing now) and a poor atmosphere died further.

I think the proposals are to close one side, so away fans will still be put in a corner out of harms way.

"The League One club's record since returning to the 32,600 all-seater stadium in September has been poor, winning just five times in 21 games.

Ex-manager Steven Pressley and current boss Tony Mowbray pinpointed the lack of atmosphere as a telling factor."

How ridiculous could one statement be.

"The team lost 16games in a row - the crowd must be to blame!"

crowds generally make noise from being entertained, ridiculous. There can't have been much of an atmosphere at Northampton's ground with all the boycotting going on, what was their record there?

First time I went to Ricoh I was behind the goal.

Next time, they had moved the away fans to a corner so as to allow home fans to be behind both goals.

The effect was to spread out their meagre support (the opposite of what they are doing now) and a poor atmosphere died further.

I think the proposals are to close one side, so away fans will still be put in a corner out of harms way.

MK Dons only use the lower tier of their stadium for most games and only open the top level when they play someone half-decent (excuse the pun) e.g. When they played ManUre in the cup earlier in the season. It is probably a money saving exercise as they need less stewards to monitor the smaller area and can close concessions, reduce cleaning bills etc. if there is a small crowd.