OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

In previous years , even under Milan who I admire greatly for what for he did for us , we would of only let 3-4 go and kept the rest due to being unable to buy / attract better.

Is still all feels a bit like a dream ... the new pitch , new scoreboard , new cladding , pitch being levelled off ... The new committee of proven ,experienced people to help our chairman who openly admits he knows very little about the world of football ..... Grays comments about not being messed out by agents and players which translates to " we can actually now attractive offeres now " ..... It's feels very unwednesday lol

It doesn't fell "unWednesday" to me. Just a return to the Wednesday of 25 years ago.

I think it's difficult to integrate too many players into the first team set up, all in one go. Probably a maximum of 4 or 5 straight into the team, with maybe a further three drafted into the first team squad. I'd envisage a couple of those being season long loans. Of course, we can, and probably will, upgrade the development squad to a level where we could call on some of them to step up if needs be.

Spot on in my opinion

He`s cleared the deadwood out, now the revolution begins

That leaves us with 12 contracted senior players ( + 5 new deals offered) 

Its going to be a busy summer. 

Buxton and mattock will stay in this league.

The rest will end up in league 1.

No way will mattock stay in the Championship. A league 2 player at best, another example of a player whose journey down the leagues is slowed down by an earlier career inflated transfer fee.

No way will mattock stay in the Championship. A league 2 player at best, another example of a player whose journey down the leagues is slowed down by an earlier career inflated transfer fee.

played a massive part in one of the best defences in the league shows you know nothing about football. The only wrong decision by Gray, not that I'm saying he can't be replaced, but he is far and away the best left back at the club. How Dielna got a 3 year deal is beyond me.

played a massive part in one of the best defences in the league shows you know nothing about football. The only wrong decision by Gray, not that I'm saying he can't be replaced, but he is far and away the best left back at the club. How Dielna got a 3 year deal is beyond me.

Control your frigging bottom lip. Deal with people having a different opinion to you, else you'll end up like beholder.

All about opinions regarding whether players are good or not.

But this is wrong.

We'll move on from Mattock. But if he doesn't remain in the championship I'll be shocked. 

All about opinions regarding whether players are good or not.

But this is wrong.

We'll move on from Mattock. But if he doesn't remain in the championship I'll be shocked.

With helan future performance and level at left back so unpredictable, I think Gray would have kept mattock, if he thought he was an average championship left back. I agree with gray.

They weren't always.

Which again leads back to us taking a look at him there, deciding he wasnt up to it anymore and releasing him?

Not sure what you are getting at.

Only your assertion that Lewis was comfortable playing all across the back four. I don't think he is. Yester-year may be, but not on recent evidence.

I think he's been released due to his injury record however, rather than his recent performances.

Edited by the_mutha

Very true in regards to bringing stacks of players in the problem we have if yot look at the top 8 this season who were well clear of us how many of our players would they take and put in there teams not many meaning we really do need 6 starters of high quality coming into the club to really put us on a more even playing field with the top dogs in the league.

No arguments, but to suggest getting shut of Melo, Bus etc is a fantasy. They were bought with this coming season in mind and are new to the country. Even if they're crap we won't know until January

The guys who talk about Melo being moved on are deluded or must not go, when he's played he's been strong in the tackle like semedo he's better in the air and can genuinely use the ball, hutch and semedo will go before Melo

The guys who talk about Melo being moved on are deluded or must not go, when he's played he's been strong in the tackle like semedo he's better in the air and can genuinely use the ball, hutch and semedo will go before Melo

Think we are only keeping Semedo to help Melo bed in with the language and stuff can't see Semedo getting many games

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Let Kirkland go we have two VERY good young keepers, they just need a chance to show now.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe