OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

All in all you can see the logic. Buxton has been a great servant but injuries have done for him this season. Mattock is OK but then again we are fishing in a different pond now. I can see one or two of the out of contract players that we are negotiating with leaving too as I doubt we'll be looking to pay a king's ransom to retain Maguire for example.

No surprise's in that list at all, to get where Mr C wants us to get means clearing out the players that are not good enough, SG has done that and fair play to him.

I have a feeling that the calibre of player we will try to attract will shock a lot of people on here, keeping the likes of Buxton, Mattock etc..is just a none starter.

I am starting to get a little bit excited about the way we're doing business, it all bodes well for the coming season.

Hope United get Maghoma

BlockDUser is Online Posts: 15,690Liked: 2196 times in 1692 postsJoined: July 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 05 May 2015 17:23
re: Pigs start summer overhaul
'Kozzy_is_my_Dad' wrote at 16:53 on 05 May:
Lewis Buxton

Giles Coke

Paul Corry

Rafa Floro

Dejan Kelhar

Gary Madine

Joe Mattock

Jacques Maghoma

Rhys McCabe

Matt Young

Kamil Zayatte

Lewis Buxton,were we not informed by the arrogants that he was the best right back outside the Premier?

Maghoma and Madine we should sign them 2 i reckon

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110051088#hSjOuftLLwfQyO1x.99

they hope so too

Agree with the lot, good luck to Lewis in the future, respect. Surprised by Young coz I thought he was one of our better young players apparantly, and finally Maghoma can go to his natural career as a cement mixer.

With two young right backs on our books in Palmer and Vermijil, there's little chance of Young breaking into our squad.

Better to let him move on, or else he'll never carve out a career for himself.

Just trying to come to terms with Coke going.

:(

What on earth is he going to do now???

What he has always done; get a new club; start like a house on fire; fade for half a season before seeing out the rest of his contract with the occasional good performance to give glimpses of his genuine ability all too often hidden.

Guest conisbrough

Chansiri made the right sounds when he took over and made some bold statements. Actions suggest he is to back up fine words with his readies.

Time for all Wednesday fans to roll up sleeves get behind club and make plans to get to Hillsbrough as often as possible. It's going to be lively and fun.

Not massively surprised by the retained list. Gray showed a ruthless streak last summer and he's shown it again today.

Given Buxton's form in the last month, I thought he had a chance but he's looked at the bigger picture with regards to injuries and I think this has probably cost Zayatte and maybe Mattock too?

I'm glad he's offered Maguire a new deal but I'm not convinced he'll re-sign. I think Loovens, Semedo and Lee will though. As for Kirkland it depends whether he wants to continue playing second fiddle to Westwood which I very much doubt?

In truth it's all about taking the next step and if we're honest none of the players released today were really going to take us there. A massive overhaul of the squad will probably count against us really challenging next season but for me next season is all about finishing in the top half. The real push will come IMO in 2016/17.

Glad we've released the ones we have. Needed better going forward. I expect the ones who have been offered deals will be kept so on a rotation basis too. Should hopefully mean some real quality coming in this summer.

Too many fans have thought average players were world beaters, icons and even legends the past 15 years. Time to remind them and show the younger generation what quality footballers actually look like.

Yes, it's been heartbreaking that some journeymen have been lauded recently (JJ for instance). 

hutchinso is a good footballer but his injury and disciplinary record is poor so I would have let him go.

It's sad to see Buxton leave but it was the right call. Mattock was average at best in this league and it's nice to see that that's no longer considered good enough to get you a place in our squad. Disappointed that Floro never took a step forward, ditto Young who looked solid against Barnsley in pre-season. Keeping Kirkland is pretty exciting - means we must have a considerable wage budget to be happy to have him as a number two, while we can loan out Dawson and Wildsmith to get regular game time. Exciting times...

Yes, it's been heartbreaking that some journeymen have been lauded recently (JJ for instance). 

hutchinso is a good footballer but his injury and disciplinary record is poor so I would have let him go.

Still another year to go I believe.