OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

Agree with majority of comments so far... I was initially surprised we'd released so many but it certainly shows our intent.

Out of the ones released, I too thought Buxton, Zayatte & Mattock would get new deals - even just as back up. Glad Maghoma, Madine & Coke have gone, not surprised by the others.

Of the ones offered new deals, agree with all. Loovens is class & Semedo can always be relied upon. Maguire can be frustrating at times but he'll hopefully just be cover for new signings. For what it's worth; I think Kirkland will sign - at his age and with his previous injuries, he may be content to stay as back up (he got a reasonable amount of game-time this season).

Obviously it leaves our squad quite thin on paper, I just hope we get busy ASAP to give the new guys plenty of time to settle in / gel. We want to hit the ground running, rather than scrabbling around on deadline day. Exciting times!

So, where will they end up.

Can see Zayatte, Mattock and Buxton getting deals at the lower end of the Championship. They are fine for that level.

Someone in league 1 will punt for Maghoma, Coke and Madine.

Not sure what will happen to McCabe. He's not good enough for anything above League 2 until he proves himself but his ego may not allow him to drop that low.

Corey will disappear into non league.

So, where will they end up.

Can see Zayatte, Mattock and Buxton getting deals at the lower end of the Championship. They are fine for that level.

Someone in league 1 will punt for Maghoma, Coke and Madine.

Not sure what will happen to McCabe. He's not good enough for anything above League 2 until he proves himself but his ego may not allow him to drop that low.

Corey will disappear into non league.

Agreed!

Does anyone have a decent enough memory to know how many we've released in the previous few years?

Last year was:

NEW CONTRACTS OFFERED TO: CHRIS KIRKLAND, JOSE SEMEDO, GLENN LOOVENS & OGUCI ONYEWU

PLAYERS RELEASED: ADAM DAVIES, ARRON JAMESON, REDA JOHNSON, ANTHONY GARDNER, MIGUEL LLERA, MARTIN TAYLOR, JERMAINE JOHNSON & DAVID PRUTTON

Don't understand all the stick Helan gets on here

He was one of our best players for a large chunk of last season

Is this a whoosh? The only reason his names not on that list is because someone paid a chunk of money for him and also gave him a stupidly long contract. Hopefully Shrewsbury change their mind and want to take him off our hands. If he needs a lift give us a shout.

All this back in PL by by 2017 is just a smokescreen. I believe Mr C wants to get us there ASAP as in 2016 UTO.

We'll be able to judge his intentions pretty quickly I think.

It's a strange feeling going into a pre-season quite positive.

Shame a few of our strikers arent out of contract and being let go. 

I agree that's my biggest worry for next season. The current crop of Nuhiu, May and Bus are not championship standard. Lavery needs to keep on improving so there is hope there.. Surprised with Maguire offer as he,s very hit and miss. The thing with Buxton is he,s become very injury prone so SG had to be ruthless.Ii am a bit surprised by the Mattock decision as Helan is a bit of a calamity waiting to happen so where are we gonna get another Left Back from? The rest are what was required. It will be very interesting to see who we get in and the sooner we act the better as we do not want to be left with the dregs. 

A little sad to see Buxton go, understandable, but he's been a good servant to the club and hope he gets himself a decent contract somewhere.

Thought Zayatte might sneak in, but with age and injures against him it's probably for the best.

The rest wont be missed atall.

Good to see we mean business, hopefully an exciting summer of signings ahead......or even better a summer of exciting signings.

Guest TommyTank

Agree with all of them.

Ig imagine Mattock and Zayatte being on a decent wage so its understandable to move them on.

We need to keep the lads who were near the 1st team, Kirkland is still a very good back up keeper, not sure he will hang around and would expect him to look for regular football.

Semedo, Maguire, Lee and Loovens are all current first team players so progression would mean they now become part of the squad.

Bit surprised, but not all that bothered, that Mattock and Zayatte haven't been offered another year if only as squad players.

It hopefully means that there's some real quality coming to the club in the positions where we've released the cover players.

Agreed!

Can we make a case for those still in negotiations? Yes.

Are we too fussed about the others leaving? No.

Spot on. Job done.

Mark of intent. Get rid quick, bring in new players quickly.

11 out should mean at least 11 in.

We mean business this season.

Edited by theowlsman

We'll be able to judge his intentions pretty quickly I think.

It's a strange feeling going into a pre-season quite positive.

I'm always quite positive in pre-season, then as the season approaches and we still haven't signed the players we really need the negativity sets in.

Then we play a couple of games and hide the razor blades(spit)

Agree with all of them.

Ig imagine Mattock and Zayatte being on a decent wage so its understandable to move them on.

We need to keep the lads who were near the 1st team, Kirkland is still a very good back up keeper, not sure he will hang around and would expect him to look for regular football.

Semedo, Maguire, Lee and Loovens are all current first team players so progression would mean they now become part of the squad.

I would imagine these were two of the borderline decisions, I believe Gray is still keen on the Man Utd player a Reece James, as an attacking left back. Again, Zayatte has done nothing wrong, but perhaps Gray thinks we need a younger option as back up.

Can we make a case for those still in negotiations? Yes.

Are we too fussed about the others leaving? No.

Spot on. Job done.

Mark of intent. Get rid quick, bring in new players quickly.

11 out should mean at least 11 in.

We mean business this season.

Hopefully.

Would be really happy with 5-6 Quality players though!

Edited by BenitoCarbone

Hopefully.

Would be really happy with 5-6 Quality players though!

Can't see us running with the risk from injuries, as a result of having a small squad to be honest.

I expect a mix of quality Championship players, one or two experienced Prem players dropping down a league, some talent from abroad, and a fair few up and coming young prospects recommended by scouts.

Plus a couple of marquee signings early on.