OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

Can't see us running with the risk from injuries, as a result of having a small squad to be honest.

I expect a mix of quality Championship players, one or two experienced Prem players dropping down a league, some talent from abroad, and a fair few up and coming young prospects recommended by scouts.

Plus a couple of marquee signings early on.

Just jizzed myself with the thought.

Is there really a god?

Guest Theboylangers

Think they have released the right players, surprised that Mcguire and Semedo aren't included.

We also seem to have on our hands an owner who is true to his word, and that he his going to build a quality squad.  

With Paul Senior coming on board today, things are rapidly taking shape.

I'm convinced that the players we are going to see coming in, will be the best quality since we left the Premiership.

DC seems like a winner to me and that nothing is going to stop him till he gets sustained success with Wednesday.   

I know that some fans are worried about the price of season tickets, but I would say to them if you can possibly get the money together then buy one please, as next season is going to be massive step forward in our fortunes.

Agree with all your points except that one highlighted. Particularly in relation to Semedo. I agree that he is somewhat limited as a footballer, but I think that he must bring something extra to the dressing room - could be what SG is on about when he talks about retaining the team spirit.

Last year was:

NEW CONTRACTS OFFERED TO: CHRIS KIRKLAND, JOSE SEMEDO, GLENN LOOVENS & OGUCI ONYEWU

PLAYERS RELEASED: ADAM DAVIES, ARRON JAMESON, REDA JOHNSON, ANTHONY GARDNER, MIGUEL LLERA, MARTIN TAYLOR, JERMAINE JOHNSON & DAVID PRUTTON

Thanks BIG D.

Couldn't be happier with this. I'm a big fan of Lee so hoping he signs but I wouldn't shed a tear if any of the others don't. Should be good fill in players to cover injuries next year.

I think everyone is starting to realise we going to have a right go next season.

A great early sign of intent from 'The Committee'.

Looks like they have sussed who could cut it in a squad pushing for promotion and decided we need 10 better players. 

This retained list has really hit home that we are in for a real roller coaster ride after the takeover. It didn't seem to really meant much before today.  :mellow:

UTO

We have the basis of a good squad in the making, and keeping the core together is important. If we add quality in the right areas now CM, FWD and A winger or 2 i'd hope for a top 6 finish.

Over to you Committee

Whats your plan still ain't answered that one?.

It certainly doesn't revolve around selling players we only bought in a few months ago obviously with an eye on the up coming season. I'd like to think we'll be buying players who fit into how we want to play rather then buying someone cos he's quite good on fifa or trying to sell a player like its a game of footy manager. Squads are built and manipulated; its very rare almost non-existent at this level to see a team buy 15/16 new players and challenge near the top

Four players Jesus your easily pleased where are the rest of the goals coming from if just one forward is coming in Bus May and co best have a bit of a makeover we need 6 players to make a 23 man squad if the out of contract players all resign and they best be good very good 10 needed some of the dead wood that we have now still have to be moved on.

I didn't say 4 players total, i said quality players in those areas. we are still a championship club. I'd like 6/7 new players total and to loan May out if there's a taker. Nuhiu, Lavery and Bus are able squad players and with 2 good additions up front the core of a good line, we just need the extra choices with added quality up there now.

Guest TommyTank

16 players needing to be replaced seems much harder than replacing 11.

11 is still alot but achievable.

Would we need 11?

So, where will they end up.

Can see Zayatte, Mattock and Buxton getting deals at the lower end of the Championship. They are fine for that level.

Someone in league 1 will punt for Maghoma, Coke and Madine.

Not sure what will happen to McCabe. He's not good enough for anything above League 2 until he proves himself but his ego may not allow him to drop that low.

Corey will disappear into non league.

Fair assessment yeah, though an SPL club might remember McCabe's potential and sign him up, Corry might end up back in the Irish Premier League.

I agree that's my biggest worry for next season. The current crop of Nuhiu, May and Bus are not championship standard. Lavery needs to keep on improving so there is hope there.. Surprised with Maguire offer as he,s very hit and miss. The thing with Buxton is he,s become very injury prone so SG had to be ruthless.Ii am a bit surprised by the Mattock decision as Helan is a bit of a calamity waiting to happen so where are we gonna get another Left Back from? The rest are what was required. It will be very interesting to see who we get in and the sooner we act the better as we do not want to be left with the dregs. 

Think it's a bit harsh saying Bus isn't up to championship standard, we haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to judge either way. I'd say the early signs are promising. I also disagree with you over Nuhiu but let's not start that one again...

We have the basis of a good squad in the making, and keeping the core together is important. If we add quality in the right areas now CM, FWD and A winger or 2 i'd hope for a top 6 finish.

Over to you Committee

Add 2 new full backs to that list

The only one that surprises me is Mattock. Decent player at a good age, with lots of experience at this level. If Helan's contract had been up as well, I reckon Mattock may well have been offered a deal.