OFFICIAL RETAINED LIST REVEALED... 11 GONE

Sheffield Wednesday can confirm the release of 11 players following the end of the 2014/15 campaign, whilst entering into discussions with five players regarding their respective futures.

The list of those released reads as Lewis Buxton, Giles Coke, Paul Corry, Rafa Floro, Dejan Kelhar, Gary Madine, Joe Mattock, Jacques Maghoma, Rhys McCabe, Matt Young and Kamil Zayatte. 

The Owls would like to thank the players released and wish them well for the future. 

Wednesday also thank loanees Lloyd Isgrove, Will Keane and Lewis McGugan, who have each returned to their parent clubs following the conclusion of the season. 

Dialogue is ongoing with Chris Kirkland, Kieran Lee, Glenn Loovens, Chris Maguire and Jose Semedo. 

Head coach Stuart Gray told swfc.co.uk: “Releasing players is never an easy process because I have worked with these boys for some time. 

“They are good, honest professionals who have given me nothing but their full support since I took on the role of head coach. 

“I would personally like to thank the players and wish them nothing but the best for the future.â€
Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-reveal-player-list-2442178.aspx#3ux7ClVRk3D2mZJQ.99

Edited by TheEnchanter

Delighted that we have got rid of the majority. Our squad looks small and compact now, I am excited that we'll surely be announcing loads of top signings now there have been about 14 departures (including loans). 

Special shout out to Buxton, fantastic pro for us. Good luck to the rest but we need better for next season. 

I agree with it all to be honest. The released players are not good enough if we want to go for it, the retained ones are. Feel for Buxton as he has the quality, he just misses far too many games unfortunately.

Edited by mark.flem

Remaining squad...

— 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png GK Chris Kirkland — 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png GK Keiren Westwood — 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png DF Claude Dielna — 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Tom Lees — 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png DF Glenn Loovens — 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png DF Liam Palmer — 23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png DF Marnick Vermijl — 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png MF Jeremy Helan  — 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Sam Hutchinson — 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Kieran Lee — 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png MF Chris Maguire — 23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png MF Filipe Melo — 23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png MF Jose Semedo — 23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png FW Sergiu Bus — 23px-Ulster_banner.svg.png FW Caolan Lavery — 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png FW Stevie May — 23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png FW Atdhe Nuhiu

Presuming Kirkland, Lee, Semedo, Maguire and Loovens all sign on. I presume they will. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Guest swintonowl1999

Feel sorry for Bucky.

Kirkland got his contract on Saturdau with some great saves

Thought mattock should have stayed,can't be worse then Helan.

Glad Maghoma gone, he is only good against lower league teams

Think Kirkland will move on but expect rest to sign again.

I thought Kamil came on strong and had a decent season when he played, thought he may have got another year.

Rest of released completely agree with.

Good luck to them.

Edited by tuttuttut

Absolutely spot on. Happy to see all the released players go, thanks to Buxton who sadly is not the player of old due to injuries.

Lee and Loovens are the key for me to sign but the other 3 are good squad players but not first choice for me if we wish to move to the next level and challenge for the top 6.