makeover and levelling off

From what I remember as a nipper the old south stand terracing had an uncovered walkway between it & the main south stand. I seem to remember that the walkway was below the level of the terracing & you had to climb some steps to get onto the terracing. It's possible that from the changing rooms in the south stand the players had to go down steps to the walkway & then back up again to the pitch. It's a long time ago so I might be totally wide of the mark.

the walkway was exactly as you describe when the south had uncovered seating, the dressing rooms ran down the stand side of it, and were defo slightly below pitch level

That's what I was getting at, of course one of the roofs would be the perfect site and the only real place for them; the aptly named "South Stand" and then from there generate our stadiums own energy, helping to make our club greener and so forth. As for the charging stations and maybe other uses, like all the media been able to plug in from that energy source.

I wonder how much it costs to run the stadium lighting for e.g. including the pitch lighting and then the concourse and so forth.

Of course there's no easy financial saving, as it takes investment to one day reap the benefits, just as it does with our own properties r.e. solar but surely it could be something that the club can look at one day.

Just a thought anyway

Solar power is sold back to the grid I believe, therefore, we'd either get a credit or pay a reduced amount. Edited by shandypants

The slope should be easy to work out just measure the height of the wall on the Leppings lane end of the north stand then the height at the kop end take one from the other

That only works if the walls are the same level all the way round the pitch though

Having read your comment it got me thinking, many businesses are changing to Solar powered energy where they can... but I can't recall seeing any football stadia in the UK with these in situ... it would be a good investment at some point, once the current stadium and team improvements have been implemented.

Image solar powered phone charging stations, all self generating... the various uses of the generated power could be endless.

Great idea, we could even use it to power the floodlights....

Erm, I think I might have spotted a slight flaw in my idea.

I always thought there was a 6ft slope of the pitch down towards the kop. Good for us playing downhill in the second half towards our own fans. Is this right?

Are we going to completely level the pitch?

Pearson on WP said that as a player you didn't notice the difference, whichever way you were kicking..

I always thought there was a 6ft slope of the pitch down towards the kop.  Good for us playing downhill in the second half towards our own fans.  Is this right?

Are we going to completely level the pitch?

The corner at the Kop , north stand is being raised 800 millimetres , the corner at the south stand side is being raised 1foot , it will be tapered down towards the lepp .

re solar PVs there are lots of integrated options available now. Facade cladding as well as roofing options. Stadium orientation wouldn't make it the best option for Lep stand cladding though. Think this is a great idea.

Use it to power the new lighting rigs for the pitch.

Solar power is sold back to the grid I believe, therefore, we'd either get a credit or pay a reduced amount.

Or store to battery.

I must confess to not being across UK code and regs so it's quite possible that this isn't allowed.

No matter how much you amplify silence - it's still silent.

Have you checked with Messrs Simon and Garfunkel?

Or store to battery.

I must confess to not being across UK code and regs so it's quite possible that this isn't allowed.

Have you checked with Messrs Simon and Garfunkel?

I think its still tricky to do that. It's quite technically difficult to efficiently store energy generated by renewables generally

Give it a few years and I'm sure it will be more feasible but I reckon it's still pretty expensive and ineffective right now - particularly as you increase the amount of storage you want.