makeover and levelling off

Over time has our pitch been lowered?

I seem to recall an old picture on here, maybe from the 50s, with the players running out of the south stand but running up a ramp to the pitch.

Trouble is If you make the first few rows safe standing, without further work on the terrace, it forces the rows behind to stand...needs to be off to one side or at the back.

Funny ..I changed my season ticket this year to further down the Kop right behind the goal view was fine I could see the pitch over the crossbar...3 rows gone now..the pitch 3ft higher...was not what I bought...thought they would have f.ookin' mentioned it

I seem to recall an old picture on here, maybe from the 50s, with the players running out of the south stand but running up a ramp to the pitch.

post-7193-0-51099700-1430660802_thumb.jp

There's this one with Keith Bannister leading the team out, not sure if it's Hillsborough or not though.

The stand has completely been rebuilt since then.   Admittedly I still don't know the answer to your question though.

if they're taking the first 2 rows out I assume they're reducing the official attendance - probably more if the NW corner is being decommissioned as well, for the scoreboard.

Scoreboard is going where where the existing scoreboard is located.

The scoreboard is replacing the old one. South west corner.

Edit. Beaten to the draw. If the old scoreboard is any good they could stick it at the back of the kop to advertise next match to passing traffic maybe.

Edited by Lincs Owl

Guest AbbeyOwl

Only the happy cladders will be glad to see club money being spent in this way.  :picnic:

Have you been in deep freeze for a few years, its not the Clubs money

If the pitch is being levelled up to some extent, that would probably leave a 3rd of the pitch not adequately covered by the under soil heating as it would be too low.   Ok it would still work but would take up to 20-30% more energy to work at that end.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any work to move any of the piping also?   The cost for doing this kind of work could easily spiral.   

Having read your comment it got me thinking, many businesses are changing to Solar powered energy where they can... but I can't recall seeing any football stadia in the UK with these in situ... it would be a good investment at some point, once the current stadium and team improvements have been implemented.

Image solar powered phone charging stations, all self generating... the various uses of the generated power could be endless.

I always thought that was Hillsborough and we are sat in the home dug out

If you were sat in the dugout you will be

knocking on a bit, but fair play to ya, if right your faculties are still A1.!

Edited by owls-swfc

Guest AbbeyOwl

Having read your comment it got me thinking, many businesses are changing to Solar powered energy where they can... but I can't recall seeing any football stadia in the UK with these in situ... it would be a good investment at some point, once the current stadium and team improvements have been implemented.

Image solar powered phone charging stations, all self generating... the various uses of the generated power could be endless.

15 - 20 year pay back dont think that is a sensible investment for a Football Club unless you rent out the roofs of the stands as a site for solar panels they are massive areas and inner city, bugger just given a business idea away haha

Guest totemowl

Be reight useful in middle of our season that would...

...like Bothroyd.

:duntmatter:

The scoreboard is replacing the old one. South west corner.

Edit. Beaten to the draw. If the old scoreboard is any good they could stick it at the back of the kop to advertise next match to passing traffic maybe.

SHhhhhhhhhh.T......M1 closed at junction 46..........................

15 - 20 year pay back dont think that is a sensible investment for a Football Club unless you rent out the roofs of the stands as a site for solar panels they are massive areas and inner city, bugger just given a business idea away haha

That's what I was getting at, of course one of the roofs would be the perfect site and the only real place for them; the aptly named "South Stand" and then from there generate our stadiums own energy, helping to make our club greener and so forth. As for the charging stations and maybe other uses, like all the media been able to plug in from that energy source.

I wonder how much it costs to run the stadium lighting for e.g. including the pitch lighting and then the concourse and so forth.

Of course there's no easy financial saving, as it takes investment to one day reap the benefits, just as it does with our own properties r.e. solar but surely it could be something that the club can look at one day.

Just a thought anyway

I always thought there was a 6ft slope of the pitch down towards the kop.  Good for us playing downhill in the second half towards our own fans.  Is this right?

Are we going to completely level the pitch?