BORO FAN IN PEACE

We had 1,500 for that match Hirsty not 800. Given that we had gained 1 away point out of the previous 30 points and our players were already on the beach (as I posted on here before the game) and all our fans knew it, it wasn't a bad turn-out. You had 1,800 at Boro this season by the way and after been unbeaten in the first four games of the season.

Anyway I haven't come on here to compare the fans - I've already given my view in an earlier post on what I think of Wednesday's support.

Talking of fans falling out of stands - any of you at the Friday night match at Boro in November 2012 (28,000+ at that game Hirsty) :) ... one of our lot deliberately jumped from the South West Corner (your left) into the Wednesday end ... that's a drop of around 20 feet I reckon ! Mentalist !

quid a ticket weren't it? (definitely had a ticket offer on for home fans)

OP back !

We have sold out our full allocation (4,500) and looking forward to Saturday.

Should be a good game following last nights wins for both clubs. That said we played better on Saturday and lost, than we did last night !

Boro (22) and Sheff Weds (32) have conceeded least goals of all the 24 Championship teams.

16 home league games and only 3 wins and 8 goals for Weds doesn't sound too exciting for your season ticket holders. We've only lost 3 out of 16 away games. On paper it looks promising for Boro but the game is going to be played on mud not paper so we will have to see what happens on the day.

What's the crowd likely to be?

Are the fans running out of patience at home or are they still behind the team? 

Would you settle for a point?

Anyone on the board go to Millwall last night? Could be your last visit there for some time. I went there back in December when Boro won 5-1 and I would say they were the worst team I have seen us play away from home during the current 6 years we have been in The Championship (and I've seen some bad ones) !

Tell your players to bring their spades , they can plant a few turnips in our ploughed field while they are playing on it. 

welcome back Pal . 

PS / i really wish you had hammered the scummy L***s filth last saturday .

Thanks for the heads-up Owl-Zat. I'll probably post that info on our main messageboard (FMTTM).

Boro / Millwall fans have actually had good relationships for a number of years mainly due to the fact that when Colin Cooper (who played for both clubs) lost his young Son Finlay in a tragic accident there have been various joint fundraising events including fans games etc. That said that probably won't register in the minds of their old-school hooligans and doubtless a number of ours who don't look for trouble but will react if anything kicks-off ! 

I'm sure The Met / SYP will nip any trouble at the station in the bud ... especially if they use the benchmark of standing up without a shirt on at a match as an "offence".  

My Son is going down on the train so I'll tell him to keep his head down ... although that's not easy at 6 feet 2 inches! ... I'm driving down taking my old man (80 years old and sings "Boro till I die" with genuine passion and intent) ... he'd sort out any trouble-makers if he was there ... all 5 feet 4 inches of him :)

Richowl - The tickets were half-price for Boro fans (£14 adults and £7 concessions). It should have been the same for Sheff Wed fans without a doubt. As I've stated earlier in the thread though, MFC came in for some stick from our own fans over the fact that Wednesday fans were asked to pay full price.  

Thanks for the heads-up Owl-Zat. I'll probably post that info on our main messageboard (FMTTM).

Boro / Millwall fans have actually had good relationships for a number of years mainly due to the fact that when Colin Cooper (who played for both clubs) lost his young Son Finlay in a tragic accident there have been various joint fundraising events including fans games etc. That said that probably won't register in the minds of their old-school hooligans and doubtless a number of ours who don't look for trouble but will react if anything kicks-off ! 

I'm sure The Met / SYP will nip any trouble at the station in the bud ... especially if they use the benchmark of standing up without a shirt on at a match as an "offence".  

My Son is going down on the train so I'll tell him to keep his head down ... although that's not easy at 6 feet 2 inches! ... I'm driving down taking my old man (80 years old and sings "Boro till I die" with genuine passion and intent) ... he'd sort out any trouble-makers if he was there ... all 5 feet 4 inches of him :)

Richowl - The tickets were half-price for Boro fans (£14 adults and £7 concessions). It should have been the same for Sheff Wed fans without a doubt. As I've stated earlier in the thread though, MFC came in for some stick from our own fans over the fact that Wednesday fans were asked to pay full price.  

Enjoy your day out mate, but we are on a roll now so can only see a heavy defeat for you ex Yorkies .  :stuwinky:

OP back !

Should be a good game following last nights wins for both clubs. That said we played better on Saturday and lost, than we did last night !

Boro (22) and Sheff Weds (32) have conceeded least goals of all the 24 Championship teams.

16 home league games and only 3 wins and 8 goals for Weds doesn't sound too exciting for your season ticket holders. We've only lost 3 out of 16 away games. On paper it looks promising for Boro but the game is going to be played on mud not paper so we will have to see what happens on the day.

Anyone on the board go to Millwall last night? Could be your last visit there for some time. I went there back in December when Boro won 5-1 and I would say they were the worst team I have seen us play away from home during the current 6 years we have been in The Championship (and I've seen some bad ones) !

Settle for a point before a balls been kicked in a home game against a side we've beat at home the last two seasons?

NO MATE

Boro epitomise the contradictions in the premier league between now and when we last played in it and the days of the old first division in those days boro didn't get big crowds in the early part of the century they averaged 30k but on relegation attendances halvd yet people still think we couldn't average 30 thousand plus in the prem its a different animal nowadays

Ps glad their bringing a big following makes for a better day

OP back !

Crowd probably be around 23,000ish

Looking foward to it

Predict 2-2 draw

As for memories: Carlton palmer screamer to equalise in the dying mins at ayrsome park 1993 in coca cola cup then we won reply at Hillsboro

Edited by meadowview owl

It always comes down to the TrueFan argument.

Fans shouldn't be allowed to watch a successful team, in any numbers, unless they have a badge.

Why don't be civil to the poster, and just answer his questions?

We didn't complain when Boro turned up in their flip flops.

Nice one Reading !

I'd settle for a goal!

I'm expecting you to win anyway. I'm not interested in 0-0. Sod the point if we don't score. I'd take 4-4 now though. A 6-5 defeat even. I just want us to attack and score for a change.

As you're bringing about twice as many away fans as we usually see, I'd imagine that'll offset a few of the pay-on-the-day fans that are just thinking - season over, never score at home, dull.

Probly late teens. My guess is 18,670

So only 14,000 Wednesdayites, we've got this many season ticket holders.

I'm sure they'll be a good few thousand buying tickets, my son is going and he's not a season ticket holder so that's one for starters. lol