BORO FAN IN PEACE

Pleased you had a good day Ruby.

Should be a good game. We have a poor recent record at Hillsborough (lost 4 out of last 5) but are a different team from when you deservedly beat us earlier in the season at The Riverside. 

We have only lost 2 in 24 games and conceeded 2 goals in last 9 matches with best defence and most clean sheets in the Division. That said, its The Championship and Wednesday on their day with the home crowd behind them will be a tough game.

Love Hillsborough. Our messageboard recently had a thread about favourite stadiums and it came out top for me. Got a few interesting posts in response to that! Apart from Ayresome Park and The Riverside, Hillsborough has played a bigger part in Boro history than any other ground I reckon. We've been relegated there, had our first and only ever F.A, Cup Semi-Final win there and lost our first ever major Cup Final there. Mixed memories but one of the few remaining traditional grounds in the country with great stands, atmosphere (with a decent crowd) and history. 

ah but can you play on sand  cos we can't

Like others have said. You'll get the majority of the top and bottom tier with the sides and bottom rows empty because SYP think that a whole stand to the left side of the away end and the stadium control/scoreboard area isn't enough to segregate fans.

I would say blame Leeds/Aaron Cawley. But this has been like it for years & it's ridiculous.

Saw a picture the other day of the Spurs and Arsenal fans being seperated by one line of stewards. ONE LINE and it's a North London derby. No netting. No row upon row of empty seats. One line of stewards. 

We've got a completely seperate stand for away fans and yet we have, probably, the highest segregation measures I know of. 

Yeah but the gooners will only throw prawn sarnies at the Spurs we throw fruit

not called for really mate  personally lot of respect for them and their chairman

spot on mate. My daughter was at uni in Middlesbrough you'll never meet a nicer friendlier bunch of people. When she graduated locals people she'd never met were coming up to her and her mates to say well done and congratulations. As for their crowds if you think there's not much money in Sheffield you want to go up there

Looking forward to the annual trip to Hillsborough on Saturday 28th February. 

Our allocation is 4,500. How does that work when the Upper Tier holds 4,200? Surely we're not just going to get 300 in the Lower Tier are we?

Any chance we may get more tickets as those 4,500 will go quickly?

UTB. 

Don't worry about it, you won't sell 4,500

sure it did

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-news/teesside-university-declared-university-year-3713777

Teesside University declared University of the Year

TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY has been named the best in the country beating off some highly prestigious competition.

Teesside University declared University of the Year
TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY has been named the best in the country beating off some highly prestigious competition.

It was declared University of the Year at last night’s Times Higher Education magazine’s Awards, regarded by some as the sector’s biggest awards.

It had been shortlisted for the prize alongside the University of Nottingham, Bournemouth University, the University of Warwick, the University of Winchester, Bournemouth University, and Queen Mary, University of London.

The award means Teesside was the first modern university to win University of the Year in the awards.

It was a double night of success for Teesside University which was also awarded the Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative Award.

Teesside was awarded University of the Year for its “outstanding regional economic strategy and strong financial performance” at the ceremony in the Grosvenor House Hotel, in London.

Judge Dianne Willcocks, vice-chancellor of York St John University, praised Teesside for its “history of working with communities and businesses that makes it the public benefactor par excellence and truly a well-merited winner”.

Teesside’s vice-chancellor Graham Henderson picked up the awards at the ceremony which was hosted by Clive Anderson.

Edited by darra

We will sell out it's just a case of when. We've sold allocations of over 4,000 several times this season within two days just to season ticket holders so for a short trip to Sheffield we could have sold easily double that ... seriously.

Middlesbrough spelt with two O's is guaranteed to wind most Boro fans up! Even some clubs spell it wrong on match tickets and don't even get me started with the F.A. ! 

"Family in Guisborough" ... I live in the town so you'd best not mention the family name !

Play on sand ... I'm off to Bloomfield Road tomorrow night for our match so I'll report back on our ability ... or otherwise.

The "Crows Nest" at Hillsborough ... when was the last time that was occupied by fans?

Do you reckon I'll get my flag into Hillsborough (St. George's Cross)? I've had problems at nearby Sheff Utd and Rotherham where they wouldn't even let me take it into the stands in a sealed bag let alone lay it out ! I've had no probs at Hillsborough in the past but the elf and safety brigade seem to rule (and ruin) the game these days.

Fully agree - alongside blackburn, Boro have the most fickle supporters in the league. I know every club has its glory hunters but seriously - look at their crowds from earlier this season- takes 'part time supporters' to the extreme.

so If we were in their position and pushing 30k for home matches you'd think the same?