BORO FAN IN PEACE

11 consecutive years in the Premier League, season ticket sell-outs, League Cup win, League Cup Finals, FA Cup Final, Europe two seasons running, UEFA Final. world class players etc. ... many of our fans have only ever known this and (not been genuine football fans or Boro supporters) cannot stomach the slog and routineness of the following years in The Championship.  

Other than the UEFA cup final bit it sounds like us in the 90's and we still turn up in numbers as well (15 years and counting since we were top flight). 

I can't get why anyone would have a go at another club for selling out our away end. We get the money and it's likely to make the atmosphere something other than the predictable silence we have most weeks.

Hmm

Assuming others lead demoralising and pitiful lives in order to improve your own.

I think I've made my own conclusions on you.

Give up the act.

was it three or four people that replied to your childish attack on the O/P to tell you you was out of order?..

''dont be a wee wee pipe''  - ''a miserable cnut'' were just some of the things posted....

i decided to go down the route of asking if you were ok rather than stoop to your levels... and it has seemed to bother you much more than the other replys did!!

I tried to be nice, ill not bother in future

hence the question, and ill ask it again.... hit a nerve?

or is it because you would rather i call you Carlo now? whatever you prefer fella.....

Juninho. 

Wednesday fans were charged normal price that night. Disgraceful decision. Club got hammered by our our fans for that.

The Owlsman - he he - great post !

For the person doubting we would have sold 8,000 ... we will never know ... but we sold 7,000 for Blackburn with no public transport, we weren't palying as well as we are now and hadn't started our cup run which has further raised belief following the Man City away win.

Hope you get a result tomorrow - would do us a favour. Ipswich have wobbled lately but good home team. Take a point :)

Will be back on here ... "the home to the misguided, the erudite and the impugned" ... on Thursday, after the Blackpool trip.

UTB

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

was it three or four people that replied to your childish attack on the O/P to tell you you was out of order?..

''dont be a wee wee pipe'' - ''a miserable cnut'' were just some of the things posted....

i decided to go down the route of asking if you were ok rather than stoop to your levels... and it has seemed to bother you much more than the other replys did!!

I tried to be nice, ill not bother in future

hence the question, and ill ask it again.... hit a nerve?

or is it because you would rather i call you Carlo now? whatever you prefer fella.....

Try not to be so patronising in the future.

Other than the UEFA cup final bit it sounds like us in the 90's and we still turn up in numbers as well (15 years and counting since we were top flight).

I can't get why anyone would have a go at another club for selling out our away end. We get the money and it's likely to make the atmosphere something other than the predictable silence we have most weeks.

Always a better atmosphere when away end is full

We had 1,500 for that match Hirsty not 800. Given that we had gained 1 away point out of the previous 30 points and our players were already on the beach (as I posted on here before the game) and all our fans knew it, it wasn't a bad turn-out. You had 1,800 at Boro this season by the way and after been unbeaten in the first four games of the season.  

Anyway I haven't come on here to compare the fans - I've already given my view in an earlier post on what I think of Wednesday's support.

Talking of fans falling out of stands - any of you at the Friday night match at Boro in November 2012 (28,000+ at that game Hirsty) :) ... one of our lot deliberately jumped from the South West Corner (your left) into the Wednesday end ... that's a drop of around 20 feet I reckon ! Mentalist !

Me n lad were there, think it was a live Sky game, I seem to remember it being £10 for hame fans and was your biggest gate since relegation from the prem.

PS got a mate who's a Boro fan [lives in Ripon now, originally from Yarm]

We will sell out it's just a case of when. We've sold allocations of over 4,000 several times this season within two days just to season ticket holders so for a short trip to Sheffield we could have sold easily double that ... seriously.

Middlesbrough spelt with two O's is guaranteed to wind most Boro fans up! Even some clubs spell it wrong on match tickets and don't even get me started with the F.A. !

"Family in Guisborough" ... I live in the town so you'd best not mention the family name !

Play on sand ... I'm off to Bloomfield Road tomorrow night for our match so I'll report back on our ability ... or otherwise.

The "Crows Nest" at Hillsborough ... when was the last time that was occupied by fans?

Do you reckon I'll get my flag into Hillsborough (St. George's Cross)? I've had problems at nearby Sheff Utd and Rotherham where they wouldn't even let me take it into the stands in a sealed bag let alone lay it out ! I've had no probs at Hillsborough in the past but the elf and safety brigade seem to rule (and ruin) the game these days.

Has you flag got a fire certificate?

Would anyone calling boro tinpot kindly analyse their last 15 years against ours. Are we paperpot? Tinselpot?

Also their ave attendance divided by population will be FAR higher than Wednesdays who play in England's 4th city. I hope they do sell out...they might liven Hillsboro up.

Form, bookies and pundits will have Boro firm favourites, So I'll go for Us it's the Wednesday way.

As for SYP and segregation. They are frightened to death of a H & S mishap and have been since the Liverpool v Forest Semi.

With an assurance of your naughties not going in the Northwest corner we could accommodate 7K ish.

Bring a few along and have a good day if you fancy a pint and some comfort, Barnsley for your evenings entertainment might be only ever chance of a six fingered chuck over the knuckles lol     

The segregation in the away end is justified because if a nawty mester gets too close he might stare menacingly at a home fan and they could end up having one of those staring fights that last for days like you see in cartoons and they'd miss the match and they might still be going at it not wanting to blink at the end of 90 mins meaning all police resources in both stands are being used and stewards as well trying to stop them. So yeah definitely need some kind of barrier to reduce possibilities of this happening.

The segregation in the away end is justified because if a nawty mester gets too close he might stare menacingly at a home fan and they could end up having one of those staring fights that last for days like you see in cartoons and they'd miss the match and they might still be going at it not wanting to blink at the end of 90 mins meaning all police resources in both stands are being used and stewards as well trying to stop them. So yeah definitely need some kind of barrier to reduce possibilities of this happening.

You make a strong point there Mr G.