BORO FAN IN PEACE

Hi Andy,Yes I remember meeting you now,Sandowl says you are still going regulary to South Yorks,we will have to try and meet up and see if we can arrange to help out with some travelling to Hillsborough,there is just me and our young lad.Brainwashed to be an Owl poor sod,but now old enough to drive so I can now have a pint or two.

Thanks for the info Dave hope to meet you as well some time.

Some great posts on here - enjoyed reading them.

To the Skelton and Marske Owls - I live in nearby Guisborough. No problem at all having Owls in the vicinity, it the "Dirty" L**ds lot I can't abide !

Never mind a cone on my head, you'll easily recognise me - I'll be the one wearing the pink carnation. 

Hope it's a good game on Saturday (though I think it would be wise to invest on a low goals spread) ! 

We will be noisy ... a mixture of fans (not just season ticket holders) and a great away end at Hillsborough. Pity we couldn't have had more tickets but hey ho it's more than we normally get playing away.

I'll be back on win, lose or draw on Sunday with reflections on our latest visit to Hillsborough.

UTB !

Guest Carlo Ancelotti
Posted · Hidden by roaminowl, February 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by roaminowl, February 26, 2015 - No reason given

FTB and suck a diick erimus

Some Boro fans memories of that 92/93 match at Hillsborough ... hope the link works ! May have to cut and paste into a browser if not !

fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4321884

I remember that season you guys had Ravanelli, Emerson and Juninho.  Quality players, got to 2 cup finals and relegated the same year.  Crazy stuff.

Many thanks roaminowl.

"I remember that season you guys had Ravanelli, Emerson and Juninho.  Quality players, got to 2 cup finals and relegated the same year.  Crazy stuff".

... that was 1996/97 not 1992/93 ... mind you are spot on that it was crazy stuff ... can't imagine any club has ever had a season like that before ! We had never played in a major final in 120 years then played 2 in one season (3 if you count the League Cup replay at Hillsborough v Leicester City - where we also won our FA Semi-Final Replay v Chesterfield). Relegated and next game 1-0 down after 43 secs in the FA Cup Final !

Having been relegated, the next season, we then reached the League Cup Final the next season making it 3 major Finals in 2 seasons ... lost all 3 !

Guest Thomas Johns

Another boro fan in peace here, Ive being to Hillsborough 3 times mixed memory's tbh but always enjoyed it, I think your fans are some of the best in the championship very loyal and proud fans (credit to the club). The question was posed why do boro have a poor home crowd well for 4 reasons -

1 - people losing their jobs (jobs are picking up once again so has a small part to play in terms of attendances going up dont forget that if some people have the money theyll go and watch boro week in week out but sometimes people just dont have the cash).

2 - people got hacked off under stracken and southgate with the standard of football and what was going on at the club at the time (people are starting to return now they feel the club is getting working with the fans now).

3- people being use to top class football (plastic fans) and not interested in watching the championship not the same as no 2. I have no sympathy towards these fans what so ever should be man u supporters not boro or at least may as well be.

4-  downturn in football attendances in across the country you look at the figures people are starting to say theirs more important things than football (people often forget this).

K now the game i think boro will win this one but it be tight shef wed are a decent outfit and id imagine well organised we wont be taking this one for granted. We really need to win this one as well to keep up with derby so id imagine the players will be nervous they know the pressure is on hopefully karanka will get the fired up before this one we come out the blocks early silence the home crowd could just be our day with a full allocation filled for the away end expect boro fans to generate good atmosphere. Cmon on boro ill go for 3-2 win **** hatrick ill go for. 

change the personnel and 1.2+4 could fit us and any northern industrial town

I'm afraid the blazers at the premiership are blinded by the sky cash seemingly oblivious or unaware that the common working man struggles and therefore manifesting in the subsequent loss of his son/daughter becoming hooked

said above I think we'll win this one unless you park the bus a deckchair on our beach  

I remember that season you guys had Ravanelli, Emerson and Juninho.  Quality players, got to 2 cup finals and relegated the same year.  Crazy stuff.

Premier league games always get priority now, most players of that class don't play in early rounds nowadays so not likely to happen again.

The local rag the Evening Gazette are getting a bit twitchy about Boro's visit to Hillsborough.

Headline on Wednesday, 'Hillsborough-a ground that has a habit of kicking us when we are down',then goes on to chronicle their defeats at S6.Then point out they are on an upward curve so should be OK.

Thursday,Bernie Slaven column,'We need to bury the ghost of previous trips to Sheffield'.

Friday is a belter,under the dangerman title,'he likes playing against the Boro',and 'defenders are in for a physical battle'of course our very own man of the moment Big Dave.

Atdhe to be the match winner ?>

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

This lad comes on here being nothing but nice and gets abused from some??

We are a confident after beating milwall yet loads on here were saying how crap we were until mcgugan scored?? Fickle is not the word.

I met a boro fan in gran canaria last year in 'the pub' and he was an amazing laugh- top bloke really knowledgable and used to play for boro. Cannot remember his name for the life of me because we were all too pissed but I'm gutted I lost his number.

I was at ayresome park when we got promoted in 91 - New Years day and hirsty scored the winner - their fans were top class after the game and I remember being a ten year old lad being bought coca colas with me dad by boro fans who were all salt of the earth.

Both good clubs with decent fans- no need for the tin pot claims