Lewis Baker gone?

I would be very surprised if we have terminated the deal, bearing in mind Gray talking about competition for places.

Semedo feeling his toe..

Hutchinson is not far from a injury or red card.

McGugan not match fit.

Lee looking at a ban shortly.

Coke is poo poo

Melo needs time to settle.

McCabe/Corry not in favour.

Now if Baker feels that he wants to go then so be it, do you want players like that around?, if he is worried here about playing then what does he think will happen at Chelsea?

Can't see how it's our fault or will effect our relationship with Chelsea if Baker want's to go.

Fixed it for you

Apologies if already out and not claiming to be directly ITK but just heard from reliable source that Lewis Baker has upped and offed back to Chelsea.

Apparently miffed at not being selected on Saturday. Another case of a young player believing their own hype?

Hi Neil !

Problem is, lads like this are brought up on bowling green pitches, with super facilities. I bet he took one look at that pitch and thought fack it. If I were Stuart Gray I'd play 4 up front, and just launch it. Play in their half, and avoid the middle of the pitch completely.

Vulva have you done your UEFA badges. Great idea that is. We could use Nuhui as a roming target man

You don't need UEFA badges to realise you can't play football on that. Big lad up front, play down the channels and play the percentage game. Lots of set pieces, and no faffing around in the middle.

Quire a simple game really, and we arn't playing to the conditions. To play Lee and May on Saturday was ludicrous. Nuhui and Semedo. should have been first picks. I think the phrase is horses for courses.

You could see the kind of player he is by looking at him. Tricky and likely to get a goal but no real physical presence and would need to be accommodated within a midfield five.

I'd be dissapointed if he had left already and I doubt it's true, because we will need everyone at some point. But I was a bit skeptical at how effective he would be mainly because he hasn't played senior level football and he has a young physique

Guest wilyfox

This is where premier league academies fall down. All talent, no experience. They can't blood their youngsters. Kids used to break through at 17-18 even in top flight. Now they're loaded with 20yr olds that have hardly kicked a ball at senior level.

you can see there is a reyt player in there, i think it was always going to take a while to step up/adjust to champioship football and it is doing.

we have trips to Ipswich, Derby, wolves, Norwich, Watford still to come this season.. an while atm he make look like a luxury we dont need, SG often goes 5 in midfield for these type of games so with a couple of suspensions/niggles and he is needed, 

who knows tomorrow night it may all click for the lad & he has a stormer as a supersub, then he will be needed/wanted without suspensions to others!

id go with Semedo & Mugugan if we playing 4-4-2 vs Ipswich, 

Apologies if already out and not claiming to be directly ITK but just heard from reliable source that Lewis Baker has upped and offed back to Chelsea.

Apparently miffed at not being selected on Saturday. Another case of a young player believing their own hype?

There should be no room for sentiment, and McGugan/Lee/Semi should be picked first based on experience alone. He's clearly got a bright future but I'd rather develop players that are here to stay Edited by Silkstone Owl

I doubt this is the case, but if it is, it shows a lack of homework when it comes to recruiting

Ridiculous comment. Highly regarded youth player at one of Europe's elite clubs, what homework are you suggesting wasn't done?

Standard owlstalk mentality in this thread - burying a player based on a couple of games and a rumour.