Lewis Baker gone?

I love how these youth players are very highly rated, pretty sure the same was said of Hallam Hope and where is he now - Bury, permanent deal.

Mourinho has said if Baker doesn't get 50+ caps for England, he'll have failed the lad.  I'm not sure Hallam Hope has ever received quite as grand praise.  Can't just lump every Premier League youngster in the same bracket.

Sometimes these loans don't just work out, for varying reasons.  They only work if both parties benefit.  The termination is no reflection of Baker's ability, but more that it just doesn't suit us now we have McGugan.  Hope he does go on and fulfill his promise.

And when he is playing for England in 5/6 years time (which I'm sure he will) we'll be the team who loaned him in but kept him on the bench/out of the squad completely.

Well, I'm not sure about that.

He's 20 (well in 3 months) now and nowhere near the Chelsea first team.  I'd say that the statistics probably would suggest that he's more likely to be moved on in the style of Jimmy Smith than make a big impact in the Premier League and play for England.

Will go straight back out on loan.

Be interesting to see what happens if he's dropped for any period of time or the squad he goes into.

Can only think that we've told Chelsea he's slipped behind McGugan and Melo, aswell as Hutch, Semedo and Lee.

Did look very lightweight for the Championship though. Looked a good impact player off the bench, but other than that he seemed to waiver and go anonymous in the couple he started.

As for a special relationship with Chelsea. We've only ever had Hutch, Sahar and Smith before. And the two that were any good were naturally the ones that were successful and enjoyed it here. We're never going to get the better English players whilever Karanka's at Boro and Clarke's at Reading. Plus all the really good ones end up abroad anyway.

Is a strange one him going back though. Not sure what Gray and Chelsea expected. Can only think we rolled the dice early in case McGugan didn't return, even though Baker was supposedly higher on the list of targets.

Will go straight back out on loan.

Be interesting to see what happens if he's dropped for any period of time or the squad he goes into.

Can only think that we've told Chelsea he's slipped behind McGugan and Melo, aswell as Hutch, Semedo and Lee.

Did look very lightweight for the Championship though. Looked a good impact player off the bench, but other than that he seemed to waiver and go anonymous in the couple he started.

As for a special relationship with Chelsea. We've only ever had Hutch, Sahar and Smith before. And the two that were any good were naturally the ones that were successful and enjoyed it here. We're never going to get the better English players whilever Karanka's at Boro and Clarke's at Reading. Plus all the really good ones end up abroad anyway.

Is a strange one him going back though. Not sure what Gray and Chelsea expected. Can only think we rolled the dice early in case McGugan didn't return, even though Baker was supposedly higher on the list of targets.

You forgot about Leon knight...

My Chelski mates at work were quite surprised. They are expecting him to be one of the very few that could get into the full team, although they did suggest the better talent is usually shipped abroad to one of the feeder clubs. Expecting to see him in the Dutch leagues some time soon.

How many more players are we supposedly gonna chase for weeks, only to send them back early. Once, twice, no, three times. Somebody's not doing their homework.

OS says recalled by Chelsea not sent back. I dont like the idea of parent clubs trying to influence who we select anyway. Perhaps this will be an extreme rarity now that our financial position has changed for the better.