Lewis Baker gone?

Even though he was still our leading scorer 4 months after he left

I know what BH is getting at. In a better team he'd have been even more of an asset. At that time a more rounded,experienced midfielder might have been a better fit given our finite resources.

Edited by Dagmeister

Calls for prem sides to have B teams in league football are a joke. Would be a cap on how many they cap actually have when they turn a certain age. Those clubs hogging players ruin so many careers and lots of players have to start back from the bottom or fall out the game completely. I'd like to see a cap introduced eventually that means clubs can only have X amount of players between say 19-22 or something and that would allow them to move, get more game time and in theory should improve the quality of our national teams players too.

TEAM NEWS

Ipswich have picked up one point in three games and boss Mick McCarthy may make changes. Freddie Sears could get a full debut and Noel and Stephen Hunt may also step in.

Luke Hyam (knee) and Dean Gerken (hip) are still ruled out through injury.

Wednesday's Glenn Loovens and Chris Maguire are suspended and Jose Semedo is doubtful with an infected toe.

Owls manager Stuart Gray could turn to new signings Sergiu Bus and Melo Silva, and Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker.

Ridiculous comment. Highly regarded youth player at one of Europe's elite clubs, what homework are you suggesting wasn't done?

Standard owlstalk mentality in this thread - burying a player based on a couple of games and a rumour.

Absolutely spot on, mate!  It'd be laughable, if it wasn't so apparent.  Righting off a player Jose M (and with all due respect boys, i'll take his opinion over yours) described as a future England international, on WHAT evidence?

Un-fecking-believable. 

Edited by Jazzybmzoo

Absolutely spot on, mate!  It'd be laughable, if it wasn't so apparent.  Righting off a player Jose M (and with all due respect boys, i'll take his opinion over yours) described as a future England international, on WHAT evidence?

Un-fecking-believable. 

Depressing. A mate of mine who is a Chelsea supporter was amazed he'd joined us. He is very highly thought of at Stamford Bridge but 'cause he hasn't scored  a couple and made half a dozen he can't be up to it according to some.

Give the lad a chance for Christ's sake.

Guest owl from retford

Looked good when he first came in but was poor againest reading and was rightly dropped looks unfit but maybe try him on wing tonight with maguire out ?

In a way I don't think he should expect to be a first choice centre mid.

He should go in as a winger and if he shows something he can earn the right to play more centrally.

No player has a Devine right to be picked in the position they want. Especially if they have no experience.

Edited by Beholder