Milan Statement

Guest Rupert Ridge

We are where we are, but I'll be happier when I can see Stuart has all the tools under Milan to finish the job off.

Will be a long hard season.

You may have a long wait then.

I'm confused.

People are bashing Milan because we have a sensible budget AND we are doing well at the same time?

Would people prefer we splashed loads of money and were picking up the same points? Would that be value for money?

I'm sure there will be a couple of loans before the window shuts, and there will be more loans if/when we get injuries and need cover.

How people are getting angrymad about us doing well and defying the big spenders who are either being bankrolled, got parachute money, or about to go bust is beyond me.

I'm confused.

People are bashing Milan because we have a sensible budget AND we are doing well at the same time?

Would people prefer we splashed loads of money and were picking up the same points? Would that be value for money?

I'm sure there will be a couple of loans before the window shuts, and there will be more loans if/when we get injuries and need cover.

How people are getting angrymad about us doing well and defying the big spenders who are either being bankrolled, got parachute money, or about to go bust is beyond me.

People don't want MM to be splashing around loads of money.  People just want Milan to invest a bit more sensibly.  For heaven's sake, we all acknowledge that our squad is paper thin and two or three injuries could screw us good and proper. 

I'd rather him come out with updates like this than say nothing at all

Reassurance.

We didn't genuinely expect anything else did we?

I'm confused.

Doubt anyone is angry about us doing well. Even some fairly moderate posters however are niggled by some of Milan's previous statements that indicated a higher level of financial backing for Gray would be forthcoming. I have no issue with our current business plan but rather with Milan's previous spin.

Why do people suddenly feel sorry for SG, yet Dave Jones was given dogs abuse...when both managers were working to the same budget constraints.

Because Stuart Gray is doing a fine job.

DJ made a reyt rounduns of it.

DJ was backed with a lot of players

SG has trimmed the squad and wage bill but getting little backing in return